• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[ELH] Possible New Feats

Mordane76

First Post
I'm gonna quote two things before I begin:

Theres no difference between BAB and EAB for feat purposes.
And look at the stacking this way :
BAB 21 at 21st level is 5 attacks
BAB 26 doesnt arrive until 31st level for 6 attacks(with 2 feats) last at -25
BAB 31 - 41st level - 7 attacks(3 feats) at -30
BAB 36 - 51st level - 8 attacks(4 feats) at -35
BAB 41 - 61st level - 9 attacks(5 feats) at -40
BAB 46 - 71st level - 10 attacks(6 feats) at -45

Improved Attack Capacity [Epic][Barbarian,Fighter,Paladin,Ranger]

You gain additional attacks per round.
Prerequisites: BAB 21+
Benefit: Gain an additional iterative attack at a bonus of 5 less than your lowest current attack bonus. (Ex. +21/+16/+11/+6 becomes +21/+16/+11/+6/+1)
Special: This feat may be taken multiple times. No attack may have a BAB of less than +1.

Personally, I think you need to make a definite distinction between BAB and EAB, else ANYONE can take this feat eventually, and I think you're wanting to make this something for those you think are left behind -- melee types. So perhaps you should require a specific BAB, and then make iteratives at specific EAB. I'm also one to think that this feat should require at at the least Weapon Focus, and possibly EWF; neither of these feats are completely restrictive to any of the melee combatant classes, but will make spellcasters HAVE to take certain steps in their pre-Epic levels to ever qualify for this feat. Maybe IAC only works with the weapon(s) you have WF and EWF in; I think that might make me feel more comfortable with it.

As for Mobile Assault, I think this feat could be okay as non-Epic. I think bumping the Dexterity up to 15+, possibly adding Expertise and/or Weapon Focus, and lowering the BAB to around 12+ would make it kosher. I think both Dexterity and Intelligence are necessary for the kinda action you're trying to pull off -- you want to move fast and still pull off a masterful set of strokes; that might be more Weapon Focus or Weapon Finesse.

Last edited:

Sniktch

First Post
wolff96 said:
Not every wizard takes Automatic Quicken Spell and massive amounts of Multispell... some want to survive more than one fight per day.

Although I agree in principle with most of the comments here (I think the # of attacks fighters get and Dire Charge are quite enough with the other options that exist, namely defensive magic items), I do disagree with this statement. I think every spellcaster is eventually going to want the Auto-Quicken and Multispell feats.

At those levels its hard to cast all of your spells in a single battle, even with these feats. I mean, I mapped my sorcerer out to level 40 and he had something like 140 or 150 spells a day, counting spells of level 10+. He could throw 5 spells a round for 30 rounds before exhausting his capabilities.

How does a high level ftr/monk/etc survive such an onslaught? well, a good start would be the Epic save enhancing feats, a mantle of epic spell resistance, a ring of evasion, etc... The fighter only needs one or two good dire charges to finish that wizard off.

Mordane76

First Post
Also, because the idea didn't come to me until just a moment ago -- a high-level combatant CAN have more than 4 attack in a round, using off-hand weapons and PrC like Tempest. IIRC, a Tempest Level 10 has like 7 or 8 attacks in a round, making them a whirling dervish, and one you can attain before level 20.

Last edited:

Marshall

First Post
las said:
The fighter can always get a belt of Epic SR.

With the raw ELH they have feats like overwhelming Crit, improved whirlwind attack and the one that can stop spell casters if the get a good hit (with out killing there target) Spellcasting Harrier. They dont get the shaft they gust get slower the the casters.

Almost all the FTR powerups in the RAW ELH are based off of Crits, the problem is by Epic levels everyone will be immune/near immune to them. IWW is only useful against multiple opponents, and Harrier is a joke, completely negated by the 5'step.

Personally, I think you need to make a definite distinction between BAB and EAB, else ANYONE can take this feat eventually, and I think you're wanting to make this something for those you think are left behind -- melee types.

As a side effect of actually making fighter types epic, IAC solves the WIZ20/FTR20 vs. FTR20/WIZ20 problem. So, No. I dont want to restrict it to only the ftr types. I do however like the WF/EWF suggestion.

Marshall

First Post
After some more thought on the subject.....

Imp Dire Charge [Epic] [Barbarian,Fighter,Paladin,Ranger]
You can make a full attack as part of a charge
Prereq : Imp Initiative, Dire Charge, BAB 24+
Benefit : You can make a full attack action against an opponent you charge, at any time.
Normal : With only Dire Charge, You can only make a full attack during the first round of combat.

Mobile Assault [Epic][Barbarian,Fighter,Paladin,Ranger]

You gain all of your attacks while moving
Prerequisites: BAB 27+, DEX 13+, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Improved Initiative, Dire Charge, Imp Dire Charge
Benefit: You may combine a Full Attack Action with a Move Equivalent Action.

Mordane76

First Post
I actually think you're on to something here. It makes a nice progression from only once in a combat, to only when using a special attack, to when you're moving. And the feat requirements seem okay, if possibly too restrictive, but I'd say it's better safe than sorry.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads