• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eldritch Recovery

gamecat

Explorer
Warlock x Nine Swords.

The concept behind the feat here is that doing warlocky things recovers your maneuvers.

Eldritch Recovery
Whenever you tap your fell energies, you find reattachment to your mastery of the Sublime Way.
Prerequisites: At least 2 martial maneuvers, Ability to use lesser invocations.
Benefit: When you use an certain type of invocation, you recover one of your martial maneuvers, assuming you have one expended.

If you use your Eldritch Blast, you can recover a Desert Wind maneuver.

If you use an invocation involving fear or alignment-based effects, you can recover a Devoted Spirit maneuver.

If you use an invocation with a divination or concentration-related effects, you can recover a Diamond Mind maneuver.

If you use an invocation that requires a melee attack (touch or not), you can recover an Iron Heart maneuver.

If you use a defensive invocation, you can recover a Setting Sun maneuver.

If you use you use an invocation that grants stealth or subtlety, you can recover a Shadow Hand maneuver.

If you use an earth or strength-related invocation, you can recover a Stone Dragon maneuver.

If you use an invocation that causes rage or similar psychological disturbances, you can recover a Tiger Claw maneuver.

If you use an invocation with a "buffing effect", you can recover a White Raven maneuver.

In any case, you can only recover a single maneuver per invocation used. For example, if Delfinnes the Swordlock uses his hideous blow invocation, he must choose between recovering a Desert Sun or an Iron Heart maneuver.

==========

Having written this, it seems terribly open-ended - it's all up to DM fiat(R) about which invocations recover what.

Questions? Comments? Death Threats?

Arkhandus

First Post
I think it's possible it may be somewhat overpowered in some combinations, but I don't have Complete Arcane so I can't see if there are any invocations that would make this problematic in any specific way.

Normally a martial adept has to waste some moderately weak or useless action to recover their maneuvers, even if they're just trying to get back one really important maneuver. So it may be problematic if they can do something rather effective every other round followed by something even more effective the rest of the time (through recovering a powerful maneuver, like Diamond Nightmare Blade, Finishing Strike, Five-Shadow Creeping Ice Enervation Strike, or Mountain Tombstone Strike).

But I dunno. All I'd really suggest anyway, at most, would be to limit it to one or two uses per encounter. Or somesuch. And that's only if it turns out problematic (like I said, I don't know myself if any Warlock invocations would be particularly overpowering with this combo). And I don't know if any invocations are useable as a swift action or the like.

gamecat

Explorer
A warblade can recover his maneuvers after making an [full] ATTACK.

Plus, one must have at least 4 or 5 levels in Warlock to have a lesser invocation - so you won't be swinging with the big painful maneuvers, at least not until higher levels.

Perhaps there could be some limit to the level of the recovered maneuver, based on the grade of invocation used?

I like feats that bring synergy to two otherwise disparate classes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads