• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E E6 and True Sorcery

This might be better placed in Homebrews and Houserules but here goes...I've recently come back to tabletop RPGs in the last year or so. For about 6 months I ran a PFS style game for my home group, episodic, mostly strung together one shots set in Golarion. The group was huge though, averaging 8 players a session. I split the group and now find myself running for a group of 6, pretty role playing happy guys. We're 3 sessions into a new campaign E6 style. They all started with creating characters from the pathfinder books and so far it's going along swimmingly. I blew up their world and they now find themselves decidedly not in Kansas anymore.

For the new world (or more accurately-series of worlds) they find themselves in I'm drawing very heavily on Magic the Gather for Inspiration and have looking for a magic system that is going to let me divide magic effects into the M:TG color as magical traditions. I'm also not a huge fan of Vancian Magic.

Since I'm running I want to know people's opinions on combining something like True Sorcery or Elements of Magic into an E6 Pathfinder framework. I should also point out at Weapons of Legacy ste magic items will in play, that is magic items that require the users to learn about the items and 'unlock' their abilities by performing tasks. The Legacy style items will extend to more than just weapons. No 'big six' will be handed out.

So thoughts on True Sorcery or Elements of Magic in an E6 environment?

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
This might be better placed in Homebrews and Houserules but here goes...I've recently come back to tabletop RPGs in the last year or so. For about 6 months I ran a PFS style game for my home group, episodic, mostly strung together one shots set in Golarion. The group was huge though, averaging 8 players a session. I split the group and now find myself running for a group of 6, pretty role playing happy guys. We're 3 sessions into a new campaign E6 style. They all started with creating characters from the pathfinder books and so far it's going along swimmingly. I blew up their world and they now find themselves decidedly not in Kansas anymore.
For the new world (or more accurately-series of worlds) they find themselves in I'm drawing very heavily on Magic the Gather for Inspiration and have looking for a magic system that is going to let me divide magic effects into the M:TG color as magical traditions. I'm also not a huge fan of Vancian Magic.

Since I'm running I want to know people's opinions on combining something like True Sorcery or Elements of Magic into an E6 Pathfinder framework. I should also point out at Weapons of Legacy ste magic items will in play, that is magic items that require the users to learn about the items and 'unlock' their abilities by performing tasks. The Legacy style items will extend to more than just weapons. No 'big six' will be handed out.

So thoughts on True Sorcery or Elements of Magic in an E6 environment?

Maybe you wanna check out PF's Words of Power subsystem.

Some third party porducts support it. Like this one.

Last edited:

Dragonsbane

Proud Grognard
Wow that's a great system. Are there any resources that have some standard PF spells converted? I would hate for my players to be trying to create tons of spells when introducing the system, and a reference with some standard spells as examples would help greatly.

Remove ads