• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Disciple bonus spells

WizWrm

First Post
Bonus Spells: Dragon disciples gain bonus spells as they gain levels in this prestige class, as if from having a high ability score, as given on Table: The Dragon Disciple. A bonus spell can be added to any level of spells the disciple already has the ability to cast.

Mmm, I'd say it was extra spells per day, since it says "as if from having a high ability score."

Pax

Banned
Banned
[minirant hijack]
The DD is useless for sorcerors, until epic levels, and even then, only after Sorceror(20) and only if you don't care about lagging behind WRT getting past SR.
[/minirant hijack]

Brekki

First Post
... or a sorcerer 1 / cleric 7

... or a lots-of-fighter-classes/sorcerer 1 with a reach weapon that casts enlarge person all the time

robberbaron

First Post
Pax said:
[minirant hijack]
The DD is useless for sorcerors, until epic levels, and even then, only after Sorceror(20) and only if you don't care about lagging behind WRT getting past SR.
[/minirant hijack]

[Hijack]
Agreed, but I have just got a DD character and took a level of Sorcerer specifically to get the "cast Arcane spells" requirement. I didn't want to have to lug a big book around and sit memorising every morning for a couple of 1st level spells as the character is primarily a melee-goddess.
[Hijack over]

Oh yeah, its extra spells per day.

Al'Kelhar

Adventurer
Yup, extra spells per day. Some folks have suggested replacing the "bonus spells" with "+1 caster level" at 3rd, 6th and 9th levels to make the PrC more attractive to spellcasters. I'm personally in favour of this, as IMO the PrC is pretty lame anyway.

Cheers, Al'Kelhar

Remove ads