• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Do you plan to adopt D&D5.5One2024Redux?

Plan to adopt the new core rules?

• Yep

Votes: 262 53.1%
  • Nope

Votes: 231 46.9%

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Huh. that surprises me. WHy that order?
My guess would be that:
  1. The 5.0 DMG is now held to be....not very good. Even by many stridently pro-5e folks. Hence, a new DMG that has a chance to respond to the places the old one stumbled would be advantageous.
  2. The MM is likely to have learned some lessons as well, e.g. changes to the way magic-using creatures are written. There's also a chance that, as a result of a decade of additional playtesting/data collection, there could be improvements to the accuracy and specificity of CR (I wouldn't hold my breath on that front, but I can see how others would be hopeful.)
  3. The poster in question strenuously dislikes the changes to at least some of the classes, and thus would prefer to stick to the 5.0 PHB content until they "have" to (e.g. a player requests to play a class with a lot of updates, like Warlock.)

Sulicius

Adventurer
Wow! Interesting to see the numbers on this poll!

I’m actually excited to get to use some new books, while still being able to use my old ones with it. Most important to me is the community around it.

Zardnaar

Legend
Wow! Interesting to see the numbers on this poll!

I’m actually excited to get to use some new books, while still being able to use my old ones with it. Most important to me is the community around it.

Pretty much. If a huge portion of community goes one way or another we will probably do that.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Huh. that surprises me. WHy that order?
The DMG because I think that is where the biggest improvements will be made, then the MM because I am a sucker for more Monsters and Monster art (and there are going to be a lot of new Monster stat blocks here). I do want all 3, but I think the game could be improved for me with juat the new DMG and MM and nothing different player side.

Though I do like what they have been cooking for player options.

Last edited:

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Are you "mansplaining" Level Up to... Morrus? :oops:o_O

(Please consider this post a gentle nudge in the ribs and not a literal criticism).
He was asking why someone who plays Level Up was posting in the 5e forum. That seemed like a weird question to me, considering how much connective tissue A5e and WotC 5e share. Many topics would easily apply to either or both.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
The DMG because I think that is where the biggest improvements will be made, then the MM because I am a sucker for more Monsters and Monster art (and there are going to be a lot of new Monster stat blocks here). I do want all 3, but I think the game could be improved for me with juat the new DMG and MM and nothing different player side.

Though I do like what they have been cooking for player options.
Okay, totally fair.

Remove ads