• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DM for online 3.5 game seeks players

Gypsylady

First Post
Hello, I am seeking four to six players for my online game. we will be using the free demo from Klooge inc as the virtual tabletop, and ventrilo to talk to each other, as well as Skype for messaging. The game takes place on Tuesday nights, starting at 7 PM EST. I need players as soon as possible to get this game up and going. Thank you for your interest, any questions please feel free to ask away.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
Hi,

Some questions:

1. What is the setting and at around what level do you expect to start?

2. What books will you be using?

3. Any important house-rules?

Thanks!

Gypsylady

First Post
Okay, I cant believe I missed putting that info in. The Setting we will be using is 3.5 Forgotten Realms. The reason for this is I have all the books. :) I am starting out at first level, running through adventures until you reach fourth, then hoping to run the campaign "Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil", which I have adapted to 3.5 rules. Alternativley, we COULD, if it is everyones wish, run Pathfinder, which follows 3.5 pretty closely. Either way is fine with me. If we do go pathfinder though, I will need extra time to prepare the game.

Any of the books from 3.5 and Forgotten Realms are allowed to be used, like I said, I have them all, as well as MOST of Pathfinders.

Okay, house rules. the only solid House rule I have is that hit points will be maxed at each level. this is because you will tend to need them, as I run my NPCs with brains. I am NOT a "Killer" DM, and will always provide a way out of a situation, unless you do something really stupid. Other house rules are in the works, as the situation provides.
I allow players five minutes before each battle to strategize what you are going to do in said upcoming battle. After that five minutes, battle will commence with NO metagaming or long discussions about what to do next. This tends to severely slow down play and interferes with the spontaneity of battle. SHouting short commands on the battlefield as free actions are allowed though.

Sorry for being so long winded, but I hope to make this as fun and interesting of a game as possible. Thanks again for your interest.

Gypsy

EroGaki

First Post
Okay, I cant believe I missed putting that info in. The Setting we will be using is 3.5 Forgotten Realms. The reason for this is I have all the books. :) I am starting out at first level, running through adventures until you reach fourth, then hoping to run the campaign "Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil", which I have adapted to 3.5 rules. Alternativley, we COULD, if it is everyones wish, run Pathfinder, which follows 3.5 pretty closely. Either way is fine with me. If we do go pathfinder though, I will need extra time to prepare the game.

Any of the books from 3.5 and Forgotten Realms are allowed to be used, like I said, I have them all, as well as MOST of Pathfinders.

Okay, house rules. the only solid House rule I have is that hit points will be maxed at each level. this is because you will tend to need them, as I run my NPCs with brains. I am NOT a "Killer" DM, and will always provide a way out of a situation, unless you do something really stupid. Other house rules are in the works, as the situation provides.
I allow players five minutes before each battle to strategize what you are going to do in said upcoming battle. After that five minutes, battle will commence with NO metagaming or long discussions about what to do next. This tends to severely slow down play and interferes with the spontaneity of battle. SHouting short commands on the battlefield as free actions are allowed though.

Sorry for being so long winded, but I hope to make this as fun and interesting of a game as possible. Thanks again for your interest.

Gypsy

Sounds fun! I'm interested in joining. I'm used to playing Pathfinder more than 3.5, but I'm up for either system.

Gypsylady

First Post
Very cool. I will have My skype up later on tonight, if you have it, if not, I have Ventrilo too. we should hook up sometime. DIscuss characters and the game.

Zesty Gordita

First Post
If there are still spots open, I would be very interested in joining. I've only really played 3.5 (sometimes with hints of Pathfinder thrown in like the feat progression), but I've read over much of Pathfinder, so I could play either. If not, I hope the game goes well!

Felix

Explorer
This does sound interesting, though I've never played an online game. I'm analog as well; vent and skype would be new territory.

That being said, 3.5 is a great system, and Tuesday nights look like they'll be free.

Do you have room for another?

Gypsylady

First Post
Yes, I have room for one more, and you just filled it nicely. now we will be getting together viaa Ventrilo to discuss gaming.
Hostname: Calcium.typefrag.com
Port number 48933
No password at this time

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads