• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Did the Ads Recently Change on this Site (New Pop Ups)

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth (he/him)
I view the site on two mobile devices, and both are loading the video pop-up on every page. One has a screen width of 640 pixels, and the other has a screen width of 1,080 pixels.

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
More feedback if it helps. These ads show up when I use it on my android tablet with Google Chrome. I have no issues while using Firefox with AdBlocker Ultimate on my PC.

jgsugden

Legend
The experience right now is akin to accidentally visiting one of those scam sites with as many pop ups as they can muster. I know there is a need to use advertisements to offset costs, but we're going to see people driven away in large numbers if this persists. Having to click to close multiple ads on every page to be able to access the functionality of the site - on PC or on mobile - is just not reasonable.

pukunui

Legend
FWIW I access this site on Safari on my iPhone, and for the past few days, I’ve only been getting the banner at the bottom. It’s annoying but manageable.

I wonder if clearing the browser cache / history / cookies would help for people still getting the pop-ups?

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
FWIW I access this site on Safari on my iPhone, and for the past few days, I’ve only been getting the banner at the bottom. It’s annoying but manageable.

I wonder if clearing the browser cache / history / cookies would help for people still getting the pop-ups?
Not for me…also safari

Remove ads