• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

dice generator

Gilwen

Explorer
I need a programming project to help me get some direction with learning WPF and Silverlight using C# and other related technologies. I decided to start small and start with a basic dice roller to help me roll up NPC's and expand from there including animated vector images and the such. That got me wondering other people who might use a comptuer during gaming and what they look for or would want in a dice generating program.
So lay on me, what features would you want in a dice generator, if you were to use such a utility.

Thanks,
Gil

Asmor

First Post
A field where I can type in a complex expression and have it interpretted.

Several such fields so that I can have several such expressions ready.

A history which allows me to easily see past rolls of the dice.

@Gilwen,
I'd love to see your XAML code for the die roller. If you're looking for code to parse a complex dice-string (even handles parenthesis), I posted some C# code here... An example input string could be: 4(2d8+9)+(3d6+1)-10

I translated some java code from another poster into C#. But I would love to see your XAML/WPF creation. Post your code here if you can. Thanks!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads