• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Dark Sun] Marauders of the Dune Sea

rb780nm

First Post
"Kalistus wanted me to lie low until last night's work had blown over," Eben thought to himself. "But a man has to eat..."

"Indeed Half-Giant, I am looking for work. Do you have boxes that need shifting, or floors to sweep?"

Shayuri

First Post
The plodding stone thing paused and turned its angular head to stare unblinkingly at the half-giant. After a moment it speaks in a deep, resonant voice, somewhat like a man's voice might sound to himself if he were speaking into his helmet. Much like the pace of its gait, its words come at a measured, steady speed...each word enunciated with the care that a recent learner might use.

"I speak the common tongue. I am capable of work."

It turned and approached, mercifully not as large as the half-giant, but larger than most humans by a handspan. It lifted one three-fingered hand, and held it, fingers outstretched. Offering a handshake; a familiar gesture that seemed odd on such an odd creation.

"I offer polite greetings and hand clasping ritual. I have been called 'Omega.' I seek to exchange my labor for currency in whatever fashion is standard. Is such an exchange of interest to you?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Garok

"Yeah, I'm looking for work. Will even work with this thing. But I ain't cheap. But let's talk about specifics somewhere else." Garok answers. He nods at the warforged as he says 'thing'.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]Garok
Perception: 12 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
Level: 2 XP: ?
AC 18 Fortitude 17 Reflex 14 Will 12
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 35 / 35 Bloodied: 17
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Surge Value:8 Surges per day: 12 / 12
At-Will Powers: Far Hearing, Battle Wrath, Berserker's Charge, Passing Forward
Encounter Powers: Incredible Toughness, Disrupting Shove, Power Strike
Daily Powers: -

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Kasha glances around for a moment. "Thank you for delivering it." she digs around for a coin in her purse, then moves into some shade to read the letter.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock="OOC"]
I hope everyone had a good holiday and weekend.
[/sblock]

The half giant looks you over, "I'm known as Karlen, I run a little shop up in the Artisan District, I'm looking for a few sellswords. Few more than just the 3 of you actually. If you be those of a mercenary bent, then the pay will be worth it, just find a few more of your ilk and meet me over at that tavern across the way."

[sblock="Kasha"]

Your letter reads.

"
Greetings from House Shom,
I have heard certain rumors about you and let me hope that they are true as I have little place to turn in public.
Desert raiders have taken a vendetta against my caravans, and neither the Revolutionary Council of Tyr nor the leadership of House Shom will respond to my request for help. Thus an honest merchant must turn elsewhere.
These raiders claim that our caravans know the site of a ruined temple called the Face in the Stone. They say if we give up the location, their attacks will cease. But we known nothing of the ruin. Moveover I sent a group of my best mean to attempt to find the temple and they have never returned.
All that I know is a line from an old song, "Where the devil's horn threads the tunel in the sky, a stony visage rarely blinks its hollow eye.", but I suspect the Half Giant Karlen in the Artisan District knows more than he let on when I spoke with him. He is not to be trusted.
What I ask is Find this Face, and the fate of my men and you will be rewarded.
Regards, Delem Shom
"
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Garok

"Fine, Karlen. How many warriors do you need? And can you get a bit more specific on the pay? Not that I don't trust you, but I'm sure it is easier to recruit with an actual sum." Garok confirms his interest, but needs to know some more things.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]Garok
Perception: 12 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
Level: 2 XP: ?
AC 18 Fortitude 17 Reflex 14 Will 12
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 35 / 35 Bloodied: 17
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Surge Value:8 Surges per day: 12 / 12
At-Will Powers: Far Hearing, Battle Wrath, Berserker's Charge, Passing Forward
Encounter Powers: Incredible Toughness, Disrupting Shove, Power Strike
Daily Powers: -

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Nickriel

First Post
Belros

Belros followed the large, strange creature down the street at a distance. He sees the creature stop and speak to the half-giant, but cannot quite hear what is being said. Belros sees the creature extend its hand towards the half-giant.

"Amazing" Belros thought. "It appears to be capable of emotions such as friendship."

Belros begins to feel a kind of fascination towards the unusual creature. Could it actually be a sentient being with thoughts and feelings?

Belros waits where he is for the creature to move along so he may have a chance to speak with the half-giant about the odd creature.

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: Is there a reason Darus is being left out of this conversation? Is he too far away or something? Just trying to make sure I'm not missing something.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
OOC: No sorry no reason, just trying to pick people based on what I thought they looked like and slowly bring everyone in, was hoping others would speak up, Sorry it didn't really go the way i had planned.

That goes for everyone, speak up, make yourself known.

Insight

Adventurer
The half giant looks you over, "I'm known as Karlen, I run a little shop up in the Artisan District, I'm looking for a few sellswords. Few more than just the 3 of you actually. If you be those of a mercenary bent, then the pay will be worth it, just find a few more of your ilk and meet me over at that tavern across the way."

Seeing those of a mercenary bent approaching the half-giant, Darus decides to take the initiative and add his name to those offering a response to the call for sell-swords.

"I am called Darus," the mul says. Darus wears light-colored cloth garb, consisting of a vest and short pants, and a morningstar at his belt. Tattoos depicting Darus' various gladiatorial victories adorn his head and exposed arms and shoulders. "You seek mercenaries to do your dirty work. I've found myself available. What say you?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads