• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General DALL·E 3 does amazing D&D art

Saracenus

Always In School Gamer
NOTE: The difference between using Bing chat in Chrome vs. MS Edge, well for one, Edge will keep a list of recent chats that Chrome just doesn't. I don't know how many it will maintain but you should at the very least save them off in a document so you can repeat them later.

Created this prompt using Bing Chat and then having create the image from this prompt.
PROMPT: A man in an indoor setting against a beige wall. His face, oriented straight towards the camera, showcases solid black reflective chrome eyes covering the entire eye structure including the sclera, cornea, iris, and pupil. The neutral background contrasts with the bold, shiny eyes. Frontal soft lighting with a hint of backlight captures the eyes\' reflectiveness. The photograph is taken using a professional DSLR with a 50mm lens, emphasizing the eyes with a slightly blurred background.

1698875660783.png

Seems like you cut and pasted your prompt from chatgpt to bing: you kept "create" which prompted the AI to draw someone creating the image. If it was involontary, I find the result to be an happy failure. I could definitely use it after cropping the computer bit.

I did countless attempt to draw a PC in my group, as described by her player : "A redhead witch with flowing hair, blue eyes, wearing overalls, in a steampunk lab, with a fire-breathing, blue, fluffy, bat-winged cat as a familiar. And a Cannith dragonmark starting on the shoulder in the back, but of course you can't see it on the back." (I had only shown image with characters facing the viewer).

It was... difficult. I thought I would succeed in making a character with this easy in a few tries. But I was hexed to be impossible to understand by the interface.

Really.

Here is the worst result I had:

Capture3.JPG

On average it was... just close.

Capture2.JPG

She's cute, redhead, flowing hair, a bat-wing familiar flowing... But... ok I understand that Dall-E doesn't know about dragonmark. But I tried with glowing blue tattoos, even if I didn't expect it to look like one, it was difficult. so this one was average (I mean, it was quite a good one among many tries) but it totally forgot about the dragonmark I had fought with the interface to include. Let alone the fire-breathing part of the fire-breathing cat.

I insisted on fire-breathing. But the AI doesn't know what breathing is.

Capture1.JPG

This one was quite good, and I could easily erase the tatoo on the forearm to have it only on the arm. But... well. Something feels off!

Using lama-cleaner I got it a little better.

Capture4.JPG

He's still not breathing like a dragon, but at least he could have breathed fire on something burning out-of-screen. He even look contrite as if he burned something he shouldn't have.

No trace of a steampunk lab, either.

SDXL wasn't good at taking the prompt at face value (Dall-E is vastly superior to it) but at least it got all the elements right....

Capture5.JPG

Except that the fire breathing part doesn't look right at all. It should come off the mouth or nose. Why the h... can't something breathe fire realistically? Wasn't the model trained on enough real photographs of red dragon attacks?

Also, kudos on SDXL model to get the dragonmark on the shoulder and back. But this isn't the way overalls are worn usually. It took me many tries (focusing on the fire-breath part) to get this result and this is the safest for work. I won't post the others, but many SD models are fond of understanding that if you mention of piece of clothing, then one is wearing exactly that an nothing else... It's the other end of the spectrum from Dall-E.

Scribe

Legend
OK, @Scribe: what's your prompt for those circular landscapes? Spill!

:)

Circular Ornamental Watercolor depicting a fantasy landscape. The backdrop showcases a fantasy landscape with a central imposing majestic mountain radiating light from the peak with a skyscape full of stars and nebula. The artwork embodies the essence of the Art Nouveau movement, using delicate lines and blended colors.

That was the first one, my favourite one was.

Circular Ornamental Watercolor depicting a fantasy landscape. The backdrop showcases a fantasy landscape with an central hallucinatory crash of energy and a wind carved stone maze with a skyscape full of stars and nebula. The artwork embodies the essence of the Art Nouveau movement, using delicate lines and blended colors. The mood is chaotic.

pukunui

Legend
:)

Circular Ornamental Watercolor depicting a fantasy landscape. The backdrop showcases a fantasy landscape with a central imposing majestic mountain radiating light from the peak with a skyscape full of stars and nebula. The artwork embodies the essence of the Art Nouveau movement, using delicate lines and blended colors.

That was the first one, my favourite one was.

Circular Ornamental Watercolor depicting a fantasy landscape. The backdrop showcases a fantasy landscape with an central hallucinatory crash of energy and a wind carved stone maze with a skyscape full of stars and nebula. The artwork embodies the essence of the Art Nouveau movement, using delicate lines and blended colors. The mood is chaotic.
OK cool, so you can get that cool circular frame just by asking for a "circular" image? That's good to know.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads