• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General DALL·E 3 does amazing D&D art

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Huh. This is the first time I've been getting the blemishes.
I've definitely noticed them much more on head-shot type portraits. Just did some (unstyled) ones a little while ago that came out like photographs, and noticed the white gobs. Tbh I can't say they're more or less prominent lately, though. Hopefully it gets resolved.

pukunui

Legend
I've definitely noticed them much more on head-shot type portraits. Just did some (unstyled) ones a little while ago that came out like photographs, and noticed the white gobs. Tbh I can't say they're more or less prominent lately, though. Hopefully it gets resolved.
Weird. Today is the first day I've noticed them - both in my own creations and those that other people have posted here. I do occasionally get little weird off-color bits around the edges of a figure (often their ears) but not these obvious white spots and faulty body parts where it looks like the algorithm failed to finish the image properly.

pukunui

Legend
Been playing around with @Saracenus' art deco prompting:

Nissa Nackle, gnome vengeance paladin of the Silver Flame

_4bbca90f-5bf5-42be-a0e5-813184256fda.jpg
_94c83a75-ab47-4870-ae9c-116cf4869ae4.jpg
_867ea122-083e-4dba-9d88-ce62935befb4.jpg
_4964478e-895f-4c73-a6b0-fb1cef174cd8.jpg

The prompt indicates mithril chainmail with a white tabard bearing a stylized silver flame on it. As you can see, it doesn't always get the armor or the tabard right (sometimes it substitutes in a cloak). She's also meant to be holding a rapier and a shield. It mostly does OK with the shield, but it doesn't seem to know what a rapier is.

CandyLaser

Adventurer
I have issues with AI-generated images, but I can't deny that it's producing some very striking results. The prompts here are variations on this: "a beautiful feminine sorceress with long rainbow hair wearing a white suit with pinstripes and a vest but no hat casting a spell standing in a circle of magic symbols on a crowded Victorian city" I added in various styles (these were mostly "construction paper collage") and for some, swapped out the white suit for a dress shirt with rolled-up sleeves and tattoos.
_50ac4039-cb91-4ce1-8fb3-0fc549ebe28a.jpg

_3222bf67-65a9-478c-86b6-48519f153668.jpg

_44015d6b-bc61-41ef-9f2d-4d11c474638c.jpg

_793615d1-cadc-49f2-8ffb-55cfb04389f6.jpg

Given what I've been going for, the fact that the AI got weird with the arms and fingers here actually works well.
_2b459656-e54a-4ee9-9c3b-ac5be1c42541.jpg

My main complaint (aside from ethical issues about the underlying technology, which I don't want to discuss here) is that the system really wants to put hats on these images. Almost every run has at least one hat; if I don't say "with no hat" then they're basically all be-hatted. "Bareheaded" works sometimes, but it also makes the focal character bald quite often.

pukunui

Legend
Concept bleeding with "fairies."
Maybe, but it often gives her pointy ears even when I don't include the fairies. It might be that I'm specifying that she's a sorceress or that I'm mentioning that she's in an enchanted setting. (Because of her background as a "feylost" and the fact that the bulk of the Witchlight adventure takes place in the Feywild, I've been trying to produce images of her in fey-like settings.)

OK, this time I got some without pointy ears!

_6abb8abd-048b-4d02-8684-f80296274291.jpg
_d9cc4899-f909-4440-af42-c2ae5d9522d3.jpg

Now I need to see if I can add in her friendly but still nightmarish-looking quori spirit somehow.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads