• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 Modern] Stargate SG-1 - Confrontation [Casting Complete]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Stargate SG-1

Introduction

The Year . . . 2003.

Each of you have heard the rumors – even seen the clues first hand. People that you know: superiors, fellow class-mates in college, or in the academies, have been re-assigned to a special project. It’s been going on for years now. It’s nothing too unusual because, on occasion, you’ve seen them again – though they don’t talk about their job like they used to.

Today is a special day . . . because today is the day you got the call. It wasn’t actually a call, more like a letter being delivered by a sharply dressed lieutenant in the Air Force with an ‘Eyes Only’ label on the cover. The officer stayed while you opened it and read it, stating that he needed to take the letter back and with it, your response . . . your final response. . . .

The Rules

I will be using D20 Modern as the base system for this Pbp game. I know that AEG will be putting out a Stargate SG-1 RPG using the Spycraft system. I want to get started now and, when (or if) it does come out, there may be minor changes made to my game.

The characters will be of any level between 1st and 6th and all will be human (at least to start). The caveat here is that your starting stat points will be modified based on the level of your character – and your character will advance faster the lower level you start at. You’ll probably live longer though if you higher level (heh, heh ;) ).

Use the following chart:
1st level: 60 stat points
2nd level: 54 stat points
3rd level: 48 stat points
4th level: 42 stat points
5th level: 36 stat points
6th level: 30 stat points

Your personal gear will be according to your level, profession, and current wealth and will be subject to GM approval. Hit points will be max at first level and 75% of every level thereafter. We will be also using a slight variant of the Vitality/Wound points, making criticals bypass hit points and directly affect your Constitution. More on that as it becomes necessary.

I would like this game to be co-operative – which means that I am happy to hear about suggestions and ideas (either on the boards or via e-mails). However, once my decision is made, it is final.

House Rules

I am allowing a skill focus/skill emphasis feat for D20 Modern. This feat allows a character to add +3 to a single skill or +2 to two related skills.

In addition, I am allowing Intelligence bonus to provide additional languages much like base D20. However, the bonus applies to either speak language or read/write, not both. For example, a character with +4 bonus in Intelligence can speak four additional languages or speak and read/write two languages.

How can I play?

You can’t ;) just kidding. I will chose volunteers based on their posting rate (at least daily – on week days), quality of the submission (more below), and my personal choice for a good team. I already have three reserved spots and I am looking for three additional spots and two alternates. The alternates will be stationed at the SGC and will be able to interact with the team, but will not go on missions unless necessary (or a member dies – very possible).

The submission is made up of the following:

1) Your character idea [1-3 paragraphs at most], and your motivations [1-2 paragraphs at most].

2) Your level and ability scores for the character

3) Your in-character description of the receipt of the letter, your thoughts and your response (Obviously the response should be a yes somewhere in there otherwise your spot in the game will be very brief). The letter (personalized to you) states that you’ve been selected to participate in a unique opportunity and you’re specific skills are requested. No mention of the Stargate operation or other top secret details are provided (that way you can say no), but you have an idea of what it is about. If you accept, you are asked to meet at Fort Collins in Colorado (a ticket on tonight’s redeye flight is enclosed). The pay is detailed and is at the top of the scale at your profession.

The submission can either be posted here or e-mailed to the e-mail in my profile. All submissions that I receive may very well be characters that will be either at the SGC or elsewhere that the players may interact with.

I expect give out final roles and start in about three weeks (if not sooner).

Various Post Threads
[Roster/NPCs] http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49604
[Recruitment] http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48936
[OOC Thread] http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49654
[Old IC Thread - Part I] http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49672
[Old IC Thread - Part II] http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59736
[New IC Thread - Part III] http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80076

Anything else we should know

Yup, this isn’t your daddy’s SG-1. ;) :eek:

Attachments

• iris-smaller.jpg
    iris-smaller.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

KitanaVorr

First Post
LOL!

You finally succumbed! Don't worry, you'll be great.

Well, you'll be shortly getting something from me in email. Time to see what its like to be your player instead of your DM, hmm?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Yeah, I thought it was time I gave something back to the boards . . . and here it is.

As an additional note. There are any number of backgrounds and character types to play in this game. I am looking for some military types, but also scientists, medics, negotiators, the occasional person with unique skills and/or abilites.

If you have a question - just ask.

Keia

Fanog

First Post
Wow, looks great. I think I'm really getting hooked on D20 Modern. :D

I'll start working on some concept, you should have it today, possibly tomorrow.

Fanog

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Calim,

Received the character - looks great so far.

Fanog,

Glad you like what you see. More background will follow after more submissions of character ideas are in.

Keia

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Keia, Sounds Great!!!!
Count me in for sure. I will get you character attributes and background this weekend (Right after I do the same for Kitana).
Can't wait to use the Star Gate!!!!
Nuke

Jarval

Explorer
This looks great. I'll get a character concept to you soon.

Not that this affects my character, but are you going to have any alien characters in the game?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Yes, there definitely could be an opportunity to play alien characters in the game - not at the start, but perhaps as a replacement character much later in the game.

Though they may not be the alien characters you may be thinking of . . . . ;)

Keia

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads