• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC D&D teasing entry into Dead by Daylight

Gorck

Prince of Dorkness
Someone at WotC has a kid who loves Fortnite, obviously. Licensing D&D material to existing games is a lot cheaper than developing a successful videogame themselves, so I can see the appeal.

I think the Minecraft collaboration made more sense -- and is more likely to develop new D&D players over the long term -- but I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of these going forward.

A D&D pack for the Sims would probably be very popular and fun. Lord knows all you murderhobos are just peeing wherever you want in the dungeons as-is.
I don’t know much about Fortnite, but from how my daughter describes it, this sounds a lot like a more mature version of Among Us

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I don’t know much about Fortnite, but from how my daughter describes it, this sounds a lot like a more mature version of Among Us
Not much more mature. ;)

The key thing in this case is that seemingly every week, they have a new partnership where you can get skins, weapons and sometimes even more content from other franchises in the game. At the moment, you can play Star Wars characters inside the game, for instance.

I played Fortnite ( :Save the world) before the battle royal was famous.

A collab Fortnite: D&D shouldn't be totally impossible.

In the past I suggested some no-darklord character from Ravenloft in Dead by Daylight, maybe, or some idea of a crossover.

I wonder if somebody working in WotC reads us here to get some inspiration.

* How would be a D&D collab with any date simulation?

* If there is a Sims: Star Wars then a Sims: D&D is possible, but I suspect in this case a better option would be start from zero with a new title.

* Wouldn't be an illithid a better option as killer?

Remove ads