• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Basic Rules Website - A Handy Browseable Resource!

A decade ago, we had online System Reference Documents. Paizo has its online Pathfinder Reference Document. And now there's the brand new official D&D Basic Rules website! That's right - the 5th Edition basic rules online for free in an easily navigable web format. (Thanks to Jester Canuck for spotting it!) That's not the PDF you already have - it's browseable online resource.

A decade ago, we had online System Reference Documents. Paizo has its online Pathfinder Reference Document. And now there's the brand new official D&D Basic Rules website! That's right - the 5th Edition basic rules online for free in an easily navigable web format. (Thanks to Jester Canuck for spotting it!) That's not the PDF you already have - it's browseable online resource.

I don't know how long it's been there; I assume it's brand new. You can find it right here! And it's a marvellous thing, indeed! It even appears to have a nifty mobile device format, making the D&D rules accessible at a moment's notice just like we've become accustomed to with other games.

(This post originally by Jester Canuck; promoted to article and edited by Morrus).

Fralex

Explorer
There's something very wrong with the fact that I had to use the link here to reach it because I couldn't find it on its own website.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
This site is really spiffy. It seems they invested resources into making a good digital tool, and it worked out. That's very promising.

It occurs to me that the plan with D&D Basic may have been to introduce it as a "lite" alternative to the core rulebooks, but then if/when they release the OGL, expand it into a full SRD. This format would be awful nice for a full SRD.

I mean, it's just an ebook, but that's mostly what DungeonScape was going to be. Even if it's not a free SRD, I think I'd rather buy the books in this format than in PDF.

Assuming, of course, that it works offline.

Ricochet

Explorer
It would become so much better if it was directly searchable by keywords, and had links within the text too. That said, it is a good start!

Ricochet

Explorer
Press CTRL-F, and search away!

True, but proper keyword links to headlines for individual spells, combat maneuvers etc. would still be nicer. :)

Good thing about this website is the mobile accessibility though. I hope they make it into an app sort of like Masterwork Tools is for Pathfinder. :)

halfling rogue

Explorer
True, but proper keyword links to headlines for individual spells, combat maneuvers etc. would still be nicer. :)

Good thing about this website is the mobile accessibility though. I hope they make it into an app sort of like Masterwork Tools is for Pathfinder. :)

Mobile accessibility is a huge plus for me. I've been playing with only the Starter + Basic and it's no fun flipping through teeny tiny pdfs on my phone. I have yet to access it via desktop (mine's down for now) but it works really really well with a smartphone.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads