• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cyberpunk RED & A Stroll Down A Dusty Memory Lane

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
I don't know if anyone remembers but back in the 90's, there was a CCG called Heresy: Kingdom Come. The story was that a war between angels and demons was playing out but in a cyberpunk setting. The story concept was cool (to my then-college sensibilities) and the artwork was arguably the finest art ever to grace a CCG. The problem was that the cards were oversized - significantly larger - meaning that they wouldn't fit in standard pages. Plus, in addition to MTG, there were a number of other CCGs. So investing in an oddball sized one kind of doomed it the the Memory Hole.

Fast-forward to today.

What I wouldn't give to have a Heresy TTRPG. I just feel that the mix of quasi-religious and cyberpunk can be melded, just as Shadowrun has done for years and a cyberpunk setting has (cybernetic) legs as there are two TTRPGs on the market and a AAA title on the video game front.

Thoughts? Does the story concept sound interesting to anyone else? How would you bring in celestial hosts to add into a setting that already has more mundane factions?

Sir Brennen

Legend
I remember Heresy. I still have a pack around somewhere from GenCon the year it was introduced. Also got it for the amazing artwork. I think Brom did a few of the pictures.
Could you adapt it using In Nomine?
I've never found a group that was the right mix to play in the setting but I like the idea.
SJ Games also did a GURPS version of In Nomine, making it easy to combine with their other source books. Like, oh, I dunno... say, Cyberpunk?

There was a line of materials for CP 2020 that was set in an alternate future with vampires. Don’t remember much of the specifics, but the supernatural elements there might be a good basis for introducing other elements like angels and demons, if you want to stick with CP Red.

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
I don't know if anyone remembers but back in the 90's, there was a CCG called Heresy: Kingdom Come. The story was that a war between angels and demons was playing out but in a cyberpunk setting. The story concept was cool (to my then-college sensibilities) and the artwork was arguably the finest art ever to grace a CCG. The problem was that the cards were oversized - significantly larger - meaning that they wouldn't fit in standard pages. Plus, in addition to MTG, there were a number of other CCGs. So investing in an oddball sized one kind of doomed it the the Memory Hole.

Fast-forward to today.

What I wouldn't give to have a Heresy TTRPG. I just feel that the mix of quasi-religious and cyberpunk can be melded, just as Shadowrun has done for years and a cyberpunk setting has (cybernetic) legs as there are two TTRPGs on the market and a AAA title on the video game front.

Thoughts? Does the story concept sound interesting to anyone else? How would you bring in celestial hosts to add into a setting that already has more mundane factions?
D20 Modern had a D20 Apocalypse splat book describing an Angel & Demons setting. Combined with the D20 Cyberscape splat book and D20 Urban Arcana you could replicate Heresy Kingdom Come.

edit : you can find the pdfs on drivethru RPGs

Remove ads