• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

costs and weights of equipment

Shadowdragon

Explorer
I'm looking into expanding and modifying the weapons, armour, and equipment for a campaign set in a semi-realistic version of medieval europe. I can come up with most of the stats, but I was wondering how rpg book writers come up with costs and weights for equipment. Is there a resource out there with real-world costs and weights for medieval equipment? Are there formulas that work? Is it all just best guesses that have nothing to do with reality?

Is there an rpg system or suppliment with realistic costs and weights for medieval equipment?

Rhun

First Post
D&D uses mostly guesses, that have nothing to do with reality. I'm sure some other RPGs use much more realistic numbers...I'm sure someone here may be able to hep out.

Also, this should probably have been posted in "General" instead of rules. Might get more response there.

Shadowdragon

Explorer
Rhun said:
Also, this should probably have been posted in "General" instead of rules. Might get more response there.
I was wondering about that. If a mod wants to close this topic I'll repost in the general forum, unless it's ok to have the same topic in two different forums.

Remove ads