• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Convention Notifcation - DUNDRA CON - Bay Area, CA

JDragon

Explorer
For anyone interested the DUNDRACON website (www.dundracon.com) has been updated with listings of their Sponsered Games.

DUNDRACON is over Presidents weekend (Feb 15th -18th) at the San Ramon Marriot Hotel.

Who else from the boards will be attending this year?

JDragon

Breakstone

First Post
Say, I have a question. One of the games shows this:

Monsters under new management
System: D&D Third Edition Fri 8 PM in room 162 for 8 hours

Does this mean I'll be playing for 8 hours straight, until 4 in the morning?

Also, what do you think this means?

Variations: Fun with Cards

JDragon

Explorer
Tsunami, I can answer your ? for you.

Yes, the game will go for 8 hours straight, untill 4am. Some games actually run 12 hours. Any of these games usually have a little time built in for breaks and such. The open gaming areas, Rooms for con sponsered games and a few other areas at the hotel will be open from 2pm Friday afternoon until 4pm Monday afternoon for your gaming pleasure.

I have attanded this convention for 8 or 9 years in a row so let me know if you have any other ?'s

Torque, when is your Living Greyhawk game, and do you have to be a RPGA member to play?

JDragon

Torque

First Post
I haven't seen the final schedule, but it is premiering at the con, so I expect it to be available at at least 3-4 different time slots. If you are interested, you will need a Living Greyhawk character, so either drop by www.rpga.com for the info, or just show up a half-hour early or so.

As I remember (they recently changed the rules), You need to have an RPGA number to play, but that can be accomplished by filling out a form on site. No money is required to play, but if you want to be able to check your member points online (irrelevant if all you want to do is play), you have to pay $5.

grodog

Hero
I haven't attended DunDraCon before, since I just moved to San Jose back in December of 2000. How does it compare to GenCon, Origins, or DragonCon?

JDragon

Explorer
I only have heard about GenCon, and would say its smaller with much less industry representives present (if any?). Also I don't think I've ever heard of a Con that was considered better than GenCon.

As for DragonCon thats a new one to me so I have no idea.

I attended Orgins once when it was in Dallas about 9 years ago and for me would say its better than Origins because it has much better role playing options. On the other hand it is smaller, usually 2000 to 2500 visitors total for the weekend.

As far as the cons in the Bay Area, from my experience and conversations I've had with other gamers its as good as it gets for here. Of coarse we all have our opinions.

My suggestion would be to take at least a day and check it out for your self.

JDragon

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads