• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

'Classic'-style games for an upcoming con

nonamazing

Explorer
Hello everyone!

Last weekend, I ran a few original modules at a local con and had a really great time of it. So I'm planning on running some more game at the next con in the area, which is coming up in August. I've already working on four modules (two complete, two incomplete) and I'd like to add a fifth to my schedule. I've been brainstorming alot of ideas, and I can't decide which one I'd like to go with. So, I thought I might list my ideas here so that the friendly crowd could help me pick one to go with.

These are all 'classic'-style games--one-shots, characters provided. Basically, if you were going to a convention and you saw one of the following descriptions listed in the con book, would you be excited about playing in that game?

The ideas:

"Stuck in the Middle with You" (d20 Modern) - You've got one night to pull of the greatest heist in history. You've got blueprints of the complex, detailed schematics of the security system, and all the personel files. Now all you need is a plan...

"Brooklyn Monsters" (d20 Modern - Urban Arcana) - Okay, so you're a bunch of monsters. It's not like you cause anybody any trouble or anything. Hey, most of the time, you just hang out at Lenny the Gnoll's place and mess around with his XBox. But when Lenny turns up dead, could somebody be coming after you next?

"Fantastic Voyage" (D&D 3.5) - The gnomes have done it! Finally, a grand device that will bring a small troop of gnomish scientists and engineers all the way to the moon! (As soon as a sub-committee decides which moon to go to, of course.) The steam-powered Ethership technology is as solid as a rock--what could possibly go wrong?

So...what do you think?

RichCsigs

First Post
I'd sign up for Stuck In The Middle and Brooklyn. But I wouldn't do the third one because I personally don't got for space adventures. So, it's not a discription thing, it's a personal taste thing. Stuck In The Middle really interest me though (not enough to drive to your area mind you...).

Last edited:

Remove ads