• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Japheth

First Post
Picking up the wine served before him by Joe, Japheth swigs quietly and watches the group. He remains off to the side of the conversation around him but listens intently to all.

doghead

thotd
HugeOgre said:
... "and what you say may be true, but it is also true that the man who does not search for his destiny often finds the farmer's instead."

Jaan smiles at this, but it is somewhat a grim smile.

"Even searching may not be enough to spare you from a farmer's destiny. I have found two commissions here. The first ended in farce, the second in disaster. Twice I have travelled the length of the Rivenblight road searching for our lost companion. But I have found nothing."

ajanders

Explorer
doghead said:
Jaan smiles at this, but it is somewhat a grim smile.

"Even searching may not be enough to spare you from a farmer's destiny. I have found two commissions here. The first ended in farce, the second in disaster. Twice I have travelled the length of the Rivenblight road searching for our lost companion. But I have found nothing."

"Hey!" Michael interjects.
"I was a farmer! Well, mostly a goatherd, but that's close enough for here."

doghead

thotd
Jaan Saresaar, male human Servant of the Greenman

"My family's fortune is also tied to the land. I don't think anyone was trying to insult farmers. It would be especially unwise for a follower of the Greenman to do so, as the Greenman has a special place in his affections for farmers and other workers of the land.

"It was meant as a metaphor for a life of constant stuggle and few choices."

Jaan falls silent for a moment, his gaze focused on something distant.

"Still, I have returned to the Red Dragon. Hopefully the third time is a charm."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, I make my own fortune." Vanitri says. "Always have, and I can only assume I always will."

ajanders

Explorer
doghead said:
"My family's fortune is also tied to the land. I don't think anyone was trying to insult farmers. It would be especially unwise for a follower of the Greenman to do so, as the Greenman has a special place in his affections for farmers and other workers of the land.

"It was meant as a metaphor for a life of constant stuggle and few choices."

Jaan falls silent for a moment, his gaze focused on something distant.

"Still, I have returned to the Red Dragon. Hopefully the third time is a charm."

"You may be right. Where are you from, Jaan?"

Michael looks around the room with an abstracted, counting-heads eye. One thumb smooths the remnants of a rough edge on the rock in his hand.

doghead

thotd
Jaan Saresaar, male human Servant of the Greenman

"Osilia. It lies on the coast to the north and east of here. White in winter, and green in summer. And yourself. Where are you from?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Eternity, elan egoist 1

A young human-looking woman in her early twenties enters the inn. She has long straight black hair and piercingly bright blue eyes. She is very fit and lean, though not very strong. She travels in modest travel clothing, with a well cut shirt and stylish pants. She has a distinctive abstract tattoo on her left cheek which trails down her neck. The tattoo is a deep reddish-brown colour and consists mainly of swirls looking vaguely like a curled dragon perched on her shoulder.

She pauses at the door a moment, placing a hand on the doorframe. She whispers beneath her breath a customary saying before entering. She looks around at the packed in with a start for some reason thinking that it would be relatively empty this early in the day. The man outside near the wonderous stone dragon had told her this was where she should come to see the world.

She walks in and heads to the bar, not really knowing what else to do. "My name?" she says when asked by Joe to introduce herself. "I'm Eternity." her voice a bit smoother and somewhat high pitched. "So, uh, I was told this was where I should come to see the world." she continues, once again unsure of herself.

Japheth

First Post
The cup slowly drifts from his lips as Japheth affixes his attentions on the girl that enters the tavern. Something unspoken and eerie about her catches his curiousity, and he finds himself staring. Interested, he listens as she introduces herself as 'Eternity'. Japheth soons catches himself and breaks away, his eyes delving into the wine swishing before him. If Eternity were to meet his gaze, he would glance away immediately.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Entering the inn is a young man dressed in soldier's accoutrement. Upon his tabard and square buckler is his personal insignia: a dark tower upon a field of grey. He carries an arsenal of weapons, including a crossbow and a shortspear. There is an air of nobility about him, grace without arrogance and faith without folly.

"Hail to the gracious innkeep Joe and to goodly folk! I am Wilhelm Irontower, servitor of the Forge Daughter, Ayratha, and now returned from my quest to Seawell"

Will takes a seat at the bar and tells Joe of the good he and his party had wrought. "You have allowed me knowledge of this quest, good sir. Know now that your actions have resulted in the expulsion of brigands from Seawell and its waters. In truth, it was a deadly craft to work, though its result is good and just."

DC 15 Knowledge Royalty and Nobility:
The dark tower upon grey is the crest of House Irontower of Medibaria, a family of Knights sworn to Sela

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads