• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xael

First Post
Almayce follows the discussion between the man and Joe from his seat, and ponders whether or not he'll trust Joe's judgement of character this time.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Sense Motive 23. Knowledge, Local 5.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

rln

Explorer
Ogrin shares a drink with Razh, but knows better than to go into competition-drinking with his dwarven friend.

Rasereit: [SBLOCK]"Well, buddy, that's my queue. I'll put a word in for you should you show up! If not - till next time, buddy!"

Without waiting for your reply, he then slips into the crowd and disappears.[/SBLOCK]

A minute or so after the stranger made his announcement, those whoi look notice that Ogrin has vanished...

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Vanitri enters the inn again. "Vanitri, I'm back." he says, a somewhat disapointed look on his face. He sits down again, and grabs a mug off a passing waitress.

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf welcomes Bront back and calls him over to the table.

"There was a fellow who came in while you were out who seemed to be looking to hire, but I'm not sure I'd want to do business with him. He didn't seem to get on well with Joe, and Joe's OK in my book."

ooc: Sound like Ironwolf's far too upstanding for that one, and he'd also like to stick with his friends.

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Who's this Bront guy? Sounds pretty unsavory to me ;)
Patlin said:
Ironwolf welcomes Bront back and calls him over to the table.

"There was a fellow who came in while you were out who seemed to be looking to hire, but I'm not sure I'd want to do business with him. He didn't seem to get on well with Joe, and Joe's OK in my book."

ooc: Sound like Ironwolf's far too upstanding for that one, and he'd also like to stick with his friends.
"Well, I'd be hard pressed to follow any employer I can't see first with my own eyes." Vanitri says. "You can learn a lot from a man in person, not so much through others. I'm sure other opertunities will present themselves."

OOC: Yeah, and I have this little problem of not being able to be in my own adventure ;)

gogo_jerrick

First Post
Setis Froc, Katara Wilder

As everyone in the bar continues with their drinks and meals, a slight disruebance outside the inns walls can be heard, and actively listening might reveal more.[sblock=Listen 10+]As a few heads turn torward the door as if listening to something, you hear what sounds to be a small child screaming. As the volume of the screams increase, the door to the inn bursts open.[sblock=Listen 15+]You hear a battle ensue outside off in the distance. You hear several screams followed by a monstrous roar. You then hear a small child screaming, and growing louder, as if running straight to the inn.[/sblock][sblock=Listen 20+](ooc: If orc is not a language known, you hear a rash voice that can't be understood) You hear several screams followed by a small child's yelp. "Get away from me!" Shortly after you hear a bloody roar. You then hear a scream in the orc tongue, "You run, Cat! Brethren kill you all!", followed by the sounds of a small child screaming all the way up to the inn.[/sblock][/sblock]A small child-like katara bursts through the door, and crumbles to the floor bloodied by what seems to by a gash from a large slashing weapon of some kind.

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf immediately pops out of his chair, drawing his falchion as he moves to the door.

"Michael!" he yells, "See to the child, I shall see to his attacker!"

Stepping through the door, he looks about menacingly for the source of the attack.

gogo_jerrick

First Post
Patlin said:
Ironwolf immediately pops out of his chair, drawing his falchion as he moves to the door.

"Michael!" he yells, "See to the child, I shall see to his attacker!"

Stepping through the door, he looks about menacingly for the source of the attack.

As Ironwolf looks out he sees two small katara lying dismembered on the ground, next to a large orc, lying on his back, bleeding from his eyes and ears. A small crowd is gathering around the bodies, while a local cleric leans over the two katara and shakes his head.

As Michael looks over the child, he notices while the wound does not look fatal, the child's head seems enlarged and he is bleeding slightly from his eyes. He is also unconcious.

Japheth

First Post
Japheth rushes out of the inn, following behind Ironwolf. He bares his shortsword and arrives at the scene outside. With a look of disgust, he turns his attention from the gore and scans the crowd and streets to spot anyone that looks to have been involved.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads