• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Japheth

First Post
Japheth grins and steps over to Michael. He grasps the outstretched hand and gives him a quick shake. "That's generally what they're for, ya know." He looks about, raises his eyebrows at the blustering dwarf issuing a drinking challenge, and then turns to face Michael again.

"So what does one do next to find work? Or have I already stumbled upon it?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
The tavern door swings open with a crash as a wide, stocky, well-muscled dwarf stumbles in. His tangled red hair spills over his fine breastplate armor, and his long beard is braided sloppily and flung over his shoulders.

"We see you Rasereit," Zaeryl says quietly from his seat off to the side.

ajanders

Explorer
Japheth said:
Japheth grins and steps over to Michael. He grasps the outstretched hand and gives him a quick shake. "That's generally what they're for, ya know." He looks about, raises his eyebrows at the blustering dwarf issuing a drinking challenge, and then turns to face Michael again.
"So what does one do next to find work? Or have I already stumbled upon it?"

"One waits. That's half the lesson of life. And in my case, one prepares a double-strength solution of baking soda in water, because that dwarf is likely to get someone killed otherwise."
He shrugs.
"So what do you explore?"

Japheth

First Post
ajanders said:
"One waits. That's half the lesson of life. And in my case, one prepares a double-strength solution of baking soda in water, because that dwarf is likely to get someone killed otherwise."
He shrugs.
"So what do you explore?"
"Well, that's the half of that, ain't it? Exploring means not knowing what you're getting into a lot of the time," retorts Japheth with a sarcastic smirk. With a smile and a bright, quickened voice however, he pronounces "I'm no slouch with a blade though, and nimble fingers have gotten me out of a lot of situations. Not to mention a nimble body and mind period. Some of the places one explores have many hazards, natural and otherwise..."

Japheth carries the smile, pleased that even if he starts rambling he hasn't been silent from the intimidating prospect of approaching this place for work. He stops himself from speaking further though, mentally berating himself for starting to sound like an eager young whelp.

Bront

The man with the probe
Vanitri chuckles. "Ahh, to be young and full of dreams. I admire you kid, just be sure to watch yer back. All the wonders in the wold won't do ya no good if you're caught unaware from behind while gaping at em. Tis a dangerous place out there."

Japheth

First Post
"Yeah. Well I'll be careful," he snaps. He turns and walks away, spotting a bulletin board with many-varied postings. Japheth figures he should probably get on with finding work, the idea of waiting around this place not appealing to him.

ajanders

Explorer
Japheth said:
"Yeah. Well I'll be careful," he snaps. He turns and walks away, spotting a bulletin board with many-varied postings. Japheth figures he should probably get on with finding work, the idea of waiting around this place not appealing to him.
"Patience, Japheth." Michael suggests.
"Do you know the Big Sky country?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"Yeah, unfortunately, jobs seem to come by less often that we'd like, but time will tell." Vanitri says. "Speaking of which, I got's something to do."

Vanitri gets up, and nods to all the patrons "May your wanderings be fortunate."

He stops by Michael and Ros "I'd tell you not to do anything I wouldn't do, but that wouldn't stop much. So you two just enjoy yourselves."

Vanitri steps out of the Inn and heads off down the street.

Bront

The man with the probe
Hook, Line and Sinker

A man, with some distinctly elven features, walks into the tavern under a shadowy cloak. He heads to the board to post something, till Joe clears his throat. The man looks at Joe, who looks back with disdain. He quietly walks over to Joe and the two quietly but animatedly discuss something.
[sblock=Sense Motive 10+]Joe seems bothered by the presence of the man.[sblock=Sense Motive 15+]Joe seems to know this man from somewhere, and doesn't appear to trust him.[/sblock][/sblock]
"Fine." says the man, who tears up the sign and tosses it onto the bar.
[sblock=Knowledge Local 10+]The Painted Wench is a tavern in one of the less savory parts of town.[sblock=Knowledge Local 15+]The Painted Wench is know to harbor criminal activities.[/sblock][/sblock]
"If anyone here would like to help me recover something, I'll be down at the Painted Wench in three hours to discuss business." The man pauses and glares at Joe "It seems not all business here is appretiated."

Joe looks back at the man, as he turns and walks out the door. Joe returns to cleaning some of the glasses by the bar, whistling a festive tune.

OOC: I am recruiting for the adventure The Rightful Owner. I will take 4-6 2nd level or higher characters of questionable moral deciency, and reserve the right to decline any applicants. When you are ready, head over to the thread linked once the first IC thread is up. I'll start the first IC post a little later today.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm...we see another possibility for awakening our latent power...It is annoying and demeaning that we must do tasks for mortals in order to do so, but so be it."

*Zaeryl sweeps out after the man, looking back to see if perhaps Ogrin and Almayce might come as well, but not saying anything either way.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads