• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Choose to do nonlethal damage...

Wippit Guud

First Post
Well, it being the rules forum, I looking for the rule... personally, I'd be hard-pressed to allow it, but certain character who gain benefits from it (Justicar, Vow of Peace), I might allow it.

But, letter-of-the-rule is a good starting spot.

Ottergame

First Post
No, I don't think so. The added damage is NOT a weapon, so you can't take a penalty with them to do non-lethal damage.

Wippit Guud

First Post
Well, I'm apparantly gonna answer my own question... the exalted feat Holy Subdual will convert holy bonus damage into nonlethal damage, implying it couldn't be chosen voluntarily without the feat.

SylverFlame

First Post
In the case of a Merciful weapon I think it could. If I remember the wording right, it says the enchantment will convert all damage to subdual.

However, without a special feat (or maybe the Merciful enchantment) I'd say it is all lethal.

Scion

First Post
You could do nonlethal damage with the weapon and the extra damage from energy would do regular damage. This might be perferable sometimes ;)

There is also a subdual enhancement that turns all of the weapons damage into subdual. That would definately change all of it to subdual. Although I have heard some people say it is too strong..lol

Remove ads