• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CC2, FR Interactive Atlas and Weathermaster...

3catcircus

Adventurer
Putting it all together...

Hopefully this is the right forum for this...

Quick couple of questions for the software guru's out there. I've recently purchased a copy of Weathermaster. I have CC2 Pro and the FR Interactive Atlas. I've downloaded a copy of the Faerun database from Milieu Sim...

1. Is the Faerun database just for Faerun or for all of Toril? If so, how'd you go about setting up for all of Toril? That is - what climate types did you include?

2. How do I go about getting a decent world map in Weathermaster that I can zoom down into? I've converted Toril.fcw to a jpeg but it can't be zoomed in or out, which makes things hard when I want to zoom in just on one area of the world.

Thanks!

Eltern

First Post
I have only used Weathermaster a little bit since I bought it, but I do remember not being able to zoom into the world map. At all. If you want to be any more precise than pin the microscopic tail on the similarly diminuitive donkey, you need to know the latitude and longitude of where you are. I don't know what all you got on the interactive atlas, but I would think that such degree markings would be in there. As for the database, I'm pretty sure it's the whole freaking globe, as the databases include such variables as distance from the sun, eccentricity of their orbit, tilt of the planet, etc.

Eltern

Wycen

Explorer
Not that I've used the program, or that this makes any difference, but my former roommate's best friend had a brother who is one of the creators, maybe the only creator of Weathermaster. I can't remember the sister's name, which again is mostly irrelavent to this topic. :lol:

Michael Morris

First Post
Uhm Forgotten Realms has the most illogical weather patterns I've ever seen in setting (Aurnoch desert anyone?) so I highly doubt any realistic weather making program will be of use with it. YMMV of course.

Wonzling

First Post
Actually I'm interested in the same thing- I'M using weathermaster and I'd like to know which climate settings to use for which region.

evildmguy

Explorer
I use both and I don't think there is a good answer to your dilemma. At least, not one that I have found.

What I suggest is extrapolating based on other books. You know Chult is a tropical jungle, Cormyr is a temperate climate and Spine of the World is near arctic conditions. I would use those as the basis for the various areas.

I suppose the atlas does have what appear to be longitude and latitude lines on it and maybe those will give a clue as well.

There is no good way to put an image in there. I have tried and tried and it doesn't seem to work. I could get it to work for a couple of areas but the rest of it was then distorted. That's why I suggest choosing your own areas and then just staying consistent.

Take care.

edg

patrakis

Explorer
3catcircus said:
Putting it all together...

Hopefully this is the right forum for this...

Quick couple of questions for the software guru's out there. I've recently purchased a copy of Weathermaster. I have CC2 Pro and the FR Interactive Atlas. I've downloaded a copy of the Faerun database from Milieu Sim...

1. Is the Faerun database just for Faerun or for all of Toril? If so, how'd you go about setting up for all of Toril? That is - what climate types did you include?

2. How do I go about getting a decent world map in Weathermaster that I can zoom down into? I've converted Toril.fcw to a jpeg but it can't be zoomed in or out, which makes things hard when I want to zoom in just on one area of the world.

Thanks!

My answers to your questions:

1. It depends if you use Dalereckoning for all Toril or just Faerun. The faerun database from milieusim is just a sambple and only has the temperate climate. It's not complete. You can create as much climate types as you want with the Wizard and you will have to decide which climate type affects which region.

2. The program doesn't allow zooming in. It's just a way to approsimatle point a region to determine longitude and latitude. I use the Toril map from the FRIA and it works alright.

Pat

Muad'dib Pendragon

The Spice must flow... From the Holy Grail
From what I recall, the people that made up Milieu had a falling out and halted development back in 04-05. One of them supported it up until at least 06.

Unfortunately, I think Milieu and WeatherMaster are long gone.

Remove ads