• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Boons?

Sitara

Explorer
So, does the DMG have any boons for DMs to grant to pcs as rewards? If not are there any tips on what to reward PCs for something extraordinary, instead of just magic items?

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
DMG has a handful of "blessings" (permanent buffs) and "charms" (single-use buffs) as alternate rewards, and also dips into "Marks of Prestige" (land, titles, etc.) and has a handful of "Epic Boons" (or, advancements after 20th level). There's also instructions for creating new magic items that could be applied to create new blessings or charms.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah, it has guidelines for giving basically any bonus you want, whenever you think is appropriate; post-20 advancement is entirely such boons.

Evenglare

Adventurer
I'd also like to add this is probably the best way of advancing beyond 20. Like if they ever make an epic level handbook, I don't want new level stuff added. Just more boons and things like that. I think it's just about perfect as is.

Nebulous

Legend
I'd also like to add this is probably the best way of advancing beyond 20. Like if they ever make an epic level handbook, I don't want new level stuff added. Just more boons and things like that. I think it's just about perfect as is.

I'd like to see that spliced with immortality rules and gaining followers and stuff.

Remove ads