• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

bonus spell question

Arcanus

First Post
I have loaned out my Tome & Blood to someone else right now, and I have a question about the Dragon Disciple.

When D-Disciple gets a bonus spell of any level is it a new spell that he learns like in raising levels? Or does he get a another spell slot of the level he picks. So would he cast more spells each day or same amount of spells but more selection in what he casts, or is it both? Gains new spell and casts 1 more a day?

Thanks

Dr. Zoom

First Post
It is like gaining bonus spells for a high ability score. He gains a bonus spell slot so that he can cast more spells per day. He does not gain another known spell.

apsuman

First Post
I don't have my time and blood with me, but I would have sworn that it was an additional spell known, not an additional spell slot.

g!

Dr. Zoom

First Post
Well, the text says he gains these bonus spells "as if through having a high ability score." Since you get bonus spell slots from higher ability scores, not bonus spells known, I would say these are bonus spell slots, too. :D

Remove ads