• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bloodcove Disguise

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Raynucio gives the entire group a disgusted look, "Show scum like this weakness and they will walk all over you. Now instead of getting to rid the world of them and take their valuables we have to pay them. Ludicrous."

But he makes no move after the thugs, though it looks like he would dearly like to.

maquise

First Post
"Allow yourself to be goaded into a fight, and you'll end up face-down in some gutter. Have you forgotten we are trying to avoid attention? We've already had one..."

Mandalo steps back, looks down for a moment. "Forgive me, m'lord. I merely wanted to ensure we succeeded in our mission. Anyone foolish enough to consider you weak, will not live long to dwell on their mistake."

galahad0430

First Post
With the matter of the caravan settled, the group can spend the remainder of the afternoon procuring any personal supplies. As evening approaches, you make your way towards the notorious Sanguine Pit. You can hear the raucous crowd before you even see the building. The building itself sits on the docks and overhangs the water. When you enter you find that the place is crowded. The clamour of cheers and shouted bets drown out any other intelligible sounds inside the large bar. A massive aquarium, fifteen feet on a side, dominates the center of the room as a dog sized, lobster-like creature and a man sized, dark green fish with fanged jaws circle each other, occasionally exchanging blows. Heady, pungent smoke fills the air and the floor is slick with spilled drinks and seawater.

Near the central tank stands a well dressed, well rounded woman with raven hair. Towering over her is a seven foot tall woman of amazing beauty. Both women bear a curious glowing rune on their foreheads. The bookies clearly defer to the smaller woman and everyone keeps their distance from her glamorous bodyguard. You also see another bouncer/bodyguard standing at the opposite corner of the tank.

As you enter, you see a bouncer whispering to the shorter woman and she looks up at your group in response.

OOC: If there is anything you want to do before coming here, let me know. I went ahead and did the startup for this encounter, but will wait for everyone to say they're ready.

Attachments

• Sanguine Pit start.jpg
    Sanguine Pit start.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 70

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra knew that this was going to end badly from the get go, so he prepared his dagger into the new contraption he bought. He could feel the weight on his right arm, but did nothing but observed. He would be ready to act if something went wrong though.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Raynucio allows himself to be placated with little grace, feeling that the paladin has somewhat missed the point that killing low lives is both profitable and a good time. He dutifully follows the others around taking ever opportunity to sharpen his array of gleaming blades and waiting with little patience for the evening's violence.

OOC: Ready. Albeit likely to be posting exhausted and swiftly. :yawn:

galahad0430

First Post
OOC: Ok, everyone go ahead and let me know what your doing. Roll initiative like Kalinn did in case this actual becomes a combat. Also, give me a location where you wish your character to be when dialog begins with Lura. The place is crowded with spectators and it takes you about a minute to press through the crowd to reach Lura.

nothingpoetic

First Post
OOC: Sorry that I have been gone for so long, my trip ended up offering no internet access, and it was great! Anyways, good to be back.

Side note here... I realize the story currently has all of us in the Sanguine Pit... anyway we can re-write that a bit, and have one person go in to scout out the place a bit, before we all go in. That way we know what we are getting into and can format a plan. Chaucer is willing, but ideally, it is whoever would blend into the crowd the best... if not then I will post Chaucer's actions a bit later... let me know one way or another [MENTION=6667972]galahad0430[/MENTION]

galahad0430

First Post
OOC: I have no problem adding the scouting report. Essentially the description of the inside is the same. Before the evenings entertainment, it is less busy and Lura circulates around the bar doing different things. The tall woman accompanies her everywhere. About half an hour before the aquarium fight, the place starts to fill up. You can only really approach from one area as it is obvious that the back way is under observation from inside. Btw, welcome back Chaucer, you're diplomacy roll saved them 150 gp and prevented the fight :)

Last edited:

Remove ads