• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best superhero rogues gallery?

Davies

Legend
If essentially everyone in the 616 is or has been an Avenger, do the Avengers get to claim most of those bad guys? :)
... no, only those who have actually fought the Avengers as a group, as with the Beetle, the Shocker and the Scorpion as members of one incarnation of the Masters of Evil. Doctor Octopus' incarnation of the Masters of Evil (which also included the Shocker) notably does not count, as while they were formed to fight the Avengers, they were defeated by the Guardians of the Galaxy.

TL;DR: No.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Spiderman has a broad rogues gallery that includes some credible threats and some silliness

I like Flash’s rogue gallery too for similar reasons

Batman has all the dark brooding types and the silly gimmicks

X-Mens rogues gallery are all too cool for there own good

JEB

Legend
I'm inclined to say Batman, because so many of them have become such interesting characters (largely thanks to B:TAS, IMHO). But Spidey's is pretty strong too. And I have a soft spot for the Flash's.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Having the Joker in your rogues’ gallery is a strong opening hand. IMO, Bats at least has the single best villain. Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Two-Face, Poison Ivy etc are all pretty iconic too.

Superman’s is pretty weak in comparison. I suppose there’s Luther and Braniac, but they stop being iconic after that.

Spidey is strong. Green Goblin, Doc Oc are probably the standouts.

I don’t know enough about X Men. Magneto? I'd argue if I can't name them off the top of my head, they're probably not that iconic.

I think it’s between Bats and Spidey.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Batman. Especially if you reach back in time. When I was a kid, I inherited my uncle's Batman collection of comics from the 60s and 70s. There were some absolutely wild bad guys in those comics (e.g. a formidable league of criminals masquerading as blind beggars on Gotham's streets).

Remove ads