• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BEST horror movies...!

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Your title is a bit misleading since it's a list of horror movie deaths, not movies.

But that's actually a pretty good selection. I'm just totally baffled by their choice for first place. It shouldn't even be there. And what ever happened to John Hurt and the Alien? Sure it's old, and sure everyone and their mother has seen it, but that was freakin' awesome the first time.

Brakkart

First Post
That is not a list of best horror movie deaths at all, it's a list of goriest deaths and it fails even at that. The best deaths are the most memorable, the shower death in Psycho for example. and the chestburster in Alien as mentioned already is another. None of those listed are part of popular culture because no-one cares about them.

Huw

First Post
reapersaurus said:
Well, any list with Dead Alive, Scanners, and The Thing is passable.

Scanners and The Thing deaths are classics; they pushed the boundaries of what you expected to see on film. Braindead (to give Dead Alive its real name) is also a classic, but I wouldn't pick out a single scene; anyway, the silliness takes the edge off the gore.

Now as well as those three, I would include (in no particular order)

- Alien chest burster
- Hellraiser "Jesus wept"
- Cube opening sequence
- Society fisting
- Necronomicon "they love the taste of bone marrow" - cheesy film, but that bit's memorable.
- Tetsuo the drill. You know the bit I mean
- Riki O just about all of it really

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads