• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Beholder pack of minis this fall

darjr

I crit!
$35 is in line, huh. Still I'll have to see it. It is nice to get some more perspective on it.

And $35 on a night of debauchery... well that's cheap. And beer!

Drkfathr1

First Post
$35 isn't too bad, but yeah, it'll depend on the sculpts and the paint jobs. Especially since I already have some really nice metal beholders with good paint jobs.

Ktulu

First Post
I don't want three new species. I want one regular beholder, one beholder lich, one Huge beholder, and one gauth. I don't want a swank display case.

You can already get that...but it will cost you much more than 35.00.

I have all but the original and the fiery one, so I probably don't need this. Though I might just go in with another guy in my group and split them.

The_Gneech

Explorer
Actually, I spent $35 on just the original Beholder mini when it came out. But between that and the more recent releases, I'm all beholdered up now. (I mean really, what encounter needs more than three beholders? Especially if you don't want it to take three weeks to resolve one combat.)

How about a pack of umber hulks?

Or my personal favorite, a box of flumph?

-The Gneech :cool:

Dykstrav

Adventurer
How about a pack of umber hulks?

Or my personal favorite, a box of flumph?

This got me thinking...

A box of several different types of beholders doesn't really grab me. What I'd be thrilled to buy is an "encounter in a box." For example, if you had a "drow encounter in a box," you could have some drow warriors and spiders, a drow cleric, a drider or two, and a small handfull of grimlock minions. Then have a sheet with a matrix telling you which monsters to include for an encounter of a given level.

That is the sort of product I'd snap up in a heartbeat, even if I already owned some of the minis in the set.

Almacov

First Post
I'm not sure my players are high enough level that these would ever see use for me.
Especially considering I already have a Beholder, Beholder Lich, Beholder Ultimate Tyrant, and Gauth, none of which have ever seen use at my table.
For that matter, I'm not sure I would ever use more than one at once...

Hmm. Well, I guess I might if this rolls high against my Will upon release...

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
What I'd be thrilled to buy is an "encounter in a box." For example, if you had a "drow encounter in a box," you could have some drow warriors and spiders, a drow cleric, a drider or two, and a small handfull of grimlock minions. Then have a sheet with a matrix telling you which monsters to include for an encounter of a given level.

That is the sort of product I'd snap up in a heartbeat, even if I already owned some of the minis in the set.
QFT. I'd be a lot more interested in mini packs of they were done this way.

Actually, it perplexes me that this isn't the norm.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads