• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battlemats

Used Chessex mats for years, love them :) but getting red ink out is a PIA :(

I'm really tempted by the "MagnaMats" because I have tons of D&D "dungeon tiles", and the problem with them is, of course...they move around on the table!
So I was thinking of gluing small, very thin magnets onto the card, can buy them cheap from Ebay, to stick the dungeon tiles down to a magnetic mat ;)

I've glued plastic magnetic stirpping onto my minis bases for years, very damned handy.

TacTiles...oh?! hey what about...magnetic tactiles?!

The Little Raven

First Post
This is pretty normal, especially with red pens (which includes purple and brown). Try glass cleaner and/or diluted vinegar, and you should be able to get the residue off. When we were regularly using my mega-mat, I cleaned it about once every six months.

I'll give that a try tonight when I get home. It's funny that they say red is the problem when the red has never left a stain on mine, but the blue and the black have. Hopefully it'll work, thanks!

I'm really tempted by the "MagnaMats" because I have tons of D&D "dungeon tiles", and the problem with them is, of course...they move around on the table!
So I was thinking of gluing small, very thin magnets onto the card, can buy them cheap from Ebay, to stick the dungeon tiles down to a magnetic mat ;)

I've glued plastic magnetic stirpping onto my minis bases for years, very damned handy.

TacTiles...oh?! hey what about...magnetic tactiles?!

Have you tried placing the tiles on grip liner used for shelves and drawers or on your Chessex mat? I find that they keep the tiles from sliding around very well.

kitsune9

Adventurer
Me and my group play D&D 4th edition, we love to use miniatures and the use of an battlemap.. We have an big battlemap now, made it ourselves with laminating 2 big flip-over sheets..

The thing is really worn out now and i would like to get an new one, but i was also checking online an bit..

Is there any good website to get battlemats from? (squared)

Most sites i find dont have pictures of the mats..

And any other things i should look in to?

I would try Chessex as posters suggested. Mine have lasted me for about 20 years, but I've switched to Tac-Tiles as my preferred choice. There's another poster that I think has acquired the rights to reproduce them so we may see them in the future. If they do come out, I'd give those a try too.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads