• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BAD Patch to monster builder

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
do NOT update your monster builder

Just be careful if you like RPGA monsters as the update removes them (according to a few users on Wizards site)

They also confirmed that the issues with editing a monster and triggers disappearing remains, and the recharge power problems continue.

sure many of the RPGA monsters were poorly designed critters from the MMI with new names, but others were actually useful.

A "Patch" that does not fix known bugs and removes content? No thanks.
I wish I had finished reading the thread here before installing it.

Hmm.. sure nuff..

The only RPGA critter I recall for sure was the Giant Crawfish, a horribly overpowered level 4 Soldier. I had tweaked it so I still have the customized version, but the original version is gone.

... and in the 'Source' drop down there are three "DnD Ravenloft..." entries, but no critters associated with them :(
Now that I think to look, there are a number of PC type sources listed in there... weird.

Cyronax

Explorer
Hmm.. sure nuff..

The only RPGA critter I recall for sure was the Giant Crawfish, a horribly overpowered level 4 Soldier. I had tweaked it so I still have the customized version, but the original version is gone.

... and in the 'Source' drop down there are three "DnD Ravenloft..." entries, but no critters associated with them :(
Now that I think to look, there are a number of PC type sources listed in there... weird.

Giant Crawfish = Deathjump Spider with a Swim speed.

Actually removing the RPGA monsters doesn't bother me too much. I was more bothered when one of the updates way back in August or September 2009 deleted all of my custom monsters.

This update merely gave us a preview of future products. WotC's attempt at subtle advertising?

Remove ads