• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

awful green things from outer space- a replacement?

haiiro

First Post
alsih2o said:
i got 2, one based on building a space station, adn one called "bitin' off heads" that was about dinosaurs throwing themselves into a lava pool suicidally.

both looked ot be much more fun if you had many folks, but with 2 they were a bit lame.\

I didn't like Bitin' Off Heads at all, and I've never tried the space station game (can't remember the title offhand).

I agree with Ciaran: good two player gamer-oriented games (as opposed to, say, regular card games) are hard to find. Good two player games that are also fun with more than two players are even more difficult to find.

Two that come to mind for that second category:

- FFG's Drakon, which is a tile-based boardgame about stealing a dragon's treasure, is enjoyable with two players and chaotically enjoyable with 3+
- WotC's old Guillotine card game (not a CCG), which is one of the best fast/fun/simple little games I've seen, works well with two; it's about taking heads during the French Revolution

Thinking about good two player games makes me miss Magic. Thinking about good multiplayer games makes me miss Jyhad/V:TES. ;)

haiiro

First Post
Piratecat said:
I hate Zombies. I love the little zombie figures, but I find it lacks gameplay. I'm in the minority, though.

Two people is tough. I'll check my selection and see what I can come up with.

Zombies was painfully dull (but had great components), despite sounding like a great game.

I'd love to hear some more two-player game recommendations -- perhaps we can get a good little list going.

Oracular Vision

First Post
Flight of the Boodles, a Dragon mag game.

The Great Khan Game, which is better with 3 or more. It also helps if you drink a lot during the game...

RoboRally of course, 2-player with lots of checkpoints...

Frostmarrow

First Post
mistergone said:
I like Zombies!!! by uh, Twilight Games? They just changed companies. It's playable with 2 people, prolly more fun with 3 or 4, but it's simple, and you can put a lot of characterization into the "shotgun guys" as they scramble to reach the helicopter pad before they get chewed on.

Zombies is a great game! I play if with my gf all the time. I'm getting the expansions as soon as I can. There are some intersesting house rules at the website. Todd and Kerry (designer and wife) seem like great people. They frequent the Yahoo message group and can be reached at any time. They are very accomodating. :)

http://www.twilightcreationsinc.com

Remove ads