• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU/AE] Pirates of the Emerald Isles!

whydirt

First Post
Far away from the land of Giants and Dragons lies a land of fast ships and daring swashbucklers. Golden and magical treasures are ripe for the plundering, as long as you're brave enough to find them among bloodthirsty pirates, devilishly charming mermaids, and terrorizing monsters of the deep. Welcome to life on the high seas among the Emerald Isles!

Here are some ideas I've got off the top of my head for such a setting.

Both the Unfettered and Sea Witches would likely be more common. The Shark Totem Warrior might get a little more playtime.

I'm considering using the more cinematic Action Dice system from Spycraft and reducing the magic items given out by roughly 20-25% so that characters are more reliant on themselves than their stuff.

I'd also like to come up with some runes and rituals that would aid sailing.

How would you adapt the standard AU races for those who want that option? What other changes would you make to AU/AE for a setting of high adventure on the high seas?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads