• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Art: Bloodfury Savage: Since when do half-orcs shave their pits.

Wolfspider

Explorer
Indeed they did. Well to be more accurate they are a species of Monotreme (Monotreme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

They are an egg laying mammal species that nurses their young. The article does a very good job of making it all sound good, but what it basically comes down to is Dragons are not lizards. They may look like Lizards but they're not. So if Dragons aren't lizards there's no reason to assume Dragonborn are lizards either. After all a whale looks like a big fish but it isn't. :D

So why don't dragons as portrayed in the D&D4e art have boobies? :hmm:

Vargo

First Post
I know people hate it when we bring reality into our games, but massive mammary glands are actually I believe a trait unique to human beings. It's an exaggerated sexual characteristic (along with pronounced hips) that possibly helps males determine that a female is physically mature enough to bear children. Most mammals have much less physically pronounced mammary glands than ours.

Agamon

Adventurer

Dragons aren't mammals, nor are they lizards. Dragonborn are also not half-dragons. Just like gnolls aren't dogs and bullywugs aren't frogs. The whole dragonborn = half-dragons idea is the problem here, I think.

Half-orcs, are indeed half-orc. Well groomed ones, at that.

twilsemail

First Post
Half-orcs, are indeed half-orc. Well groomed ones, at that.

While I haven't read the entirety of the fluff in PHB2 yet... Doesn't said book make this statement false these days? I'm under the impression that Half-Orcs are now the Half-Trolls (LotR style) of the D&D world. Not actually related, they just bear a pretty close resemblence.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Here we have a savage half-orc barabarian, who obviously can't afford new shoes, and a wild look in his eyes, yet he's taken the time to shave his armpits?

Of course not. Orc sweat is simply so caustic that it acts as a natural depilatory. The stuff is also bottled and sold as a cleaner for machine parts, favored among the Tinker Gnomes. It's also the basis for a popular soft-drink...

...OrcSweat Cola. Breakfast of Champions. And Myrmidons.

Agamon

Adventurer
While I haven't read the entirety of the fluff in PHB2 yet... Doesn't said book make this statement false these days? I'm under the impression that Half-Orcs are now the Half-Trolls (LotR style) of the D&D world. Not actually related, they just bear a pretty close resemblence.

Interesting. That would explain the lack of hair...

pawsplay

Hero
Indeed they did. Well to be more accurate they are a species of Monotreme (Monotreme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

They are an egg laying mammal species that nurses their young. The article does a very good job of making it all sound good, but what it basically comes down to is Dragons are not lizards. They may look like Lizards but they're not. So if Dragons aren't lizards there's no reason to assume Dragonborn are lizards either. After all a whale looks like a big fish but it isn't. :D

Wilkipedia said:
Monotremes also lactate, but have no defined nipples, excreting the milk from their mammary glands via openings in their skin.

Why even use the word monotreme if you don't know anything about them? A truly lazy attempt at excusing fanservice.

Wolfspider

Explorer
Dragons aren't mammals, nor are they lizards. Dragonborn are also not half-dragons. Just like gnolls aren't dogs and bullywugs aren't frogs. The whole dragonborn = half-dragons idea is the problem here, I think.

"Proud, honorable warriors, born from the blood of an ancient dragon god"
--Description of Dragonborn from the PHB

So dragonborn have dragon blood in them but are mammals, even though dragons are not. So dragonborn have boobies and dragons don't.

Makes sense to me... :-S

By the way, I love D&D 4th edition and think it's the best version of D&D yet. I just think that dragonborn boobies are a really stupid idea. I can live with ridiculous tiefling tails and shaved half-orcs, but the boobies must go.

Last edited:

pawsplay

Hero
"Proud, honorable warriors, born from the blood of an ancient dragon god"
--Description of Dragonborn from the PHB

So dragonborn have dragon blood in them but are mammals, even though dragons are not. So dragonborn have boobies and dragons don't.

Makes sense to me... :-S

By the way, I love D&D 4th edition and think it's the best version of D&D yet. I just think that dragonborn boobies are a really stupid idea. I can live with ridiculous tiefling tails and shaved half-orcs, but the boobies must go.

If Chewbacca is a Wookiee, you must acquit the dragonboobs.

Remove ads