• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arcana Evolved - Out Yet?

Henry

Autoexreginated
I purchased the PDF yesterday; it looks good from what I've seen so far; I could definitely see the Ritual Warriors in other D&D games, and I like thus far what's been done with the levels above 20, and the new race info. (Don't like what Monte did with the Mojh, though - replacing their breath weapon with some spell and intelligence bonuses leaves me kind of flat and uninspired). I LOVE what he did with the Magister and Greenbond spells above char. level 20 - it's something any high-level mage should be able to do at all times.

The evolved levels are quite nice, and invoke a lot of flavor and mechanical power, enticing players to take them, jsut as Monte did with Ceremonies 2 years before; Monte and Mike are without doubt MASTERS of melding mechanics and flavor so that players who aren't that keen on roleplaying wind up doing it, anyway. :) Beyond that, I just like having everything in one place for reference, instead of 3 or 4 different PDFs.

Staffan

Legend
I like that the Diamond Throne setting now feels more dynamic. With the giants' competent and benevolent rule, and the lack of lands around that weren't beholden to the giants for getting rid of the dramojh, the setting was lacking in opportunities for conflict. With the return of the dragons, this is something that has been fixed.

Can anyone note the differences between the AE and AU runethane, other than the Rune spell template?

A friend of mine bought the book the day it came out and showed it to me. He told me the AE runethane was different, but I saw no difference. He hadn't had much chance to read it yet, so he was pretty much in the dark, too.

Staffan

Legend
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
Can anyone note the differences between the AE and AU runethane, other than the Rune spell template?
I haven't compared the individual rune descriptions, but it seems pretty much the same. There's of course the additional stuff they get at levels 21-25, but that's to be expected.

Odhanan

Adventurer
Just got my copy yesterday.

First impression : VERY beautiful book.
Second impression : VERY clear content (organization and presentation are ergonomic)

Read a few things for the moment. The Ritual Warrior is really neat. The evolved levels and the Dracha rule.

Excuse me, I need to read some more ! ;)

drnuncheon

Explorer
Not only all spells of that level readied, but an unlimited number of slots to cast them with - up to 2nd level for Magisters at level 25. (There is a limit on how many you can weave up to the next level, though.)

J

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads