• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone in the market for a new house?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
This place seems rather appropriate for the collected nerds here...

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
This place seems rather appropriate for the collected nerds here...

10 acres is a lot. I mean, it's a lot of lot. That's a big lot to deal with. I have 2 acres and keeping up with that is hard enough.

So I'd pass on this because, at that much land, I'd really need several vassals to help manage that. And then there's the hassle of my lordly obligations of fealty. Not to mention the problems of finding an acceptable suitor for my daughters. I mean, I want them to marry well but how much dowry can I really put together? My elder daughter is already 6, so she should be betrothed already.

Also, why is it being sold for so little? Are there highwaymen? Perhaps a problem with nearby goblins and/or orcs?

Think of the expenditure just to make sure that this is a sound buy. A mason, a forester, and a huntmaster at the very least to make sure that the ramparts have been well-maintained, that the forest isn't hiding any ne'er-do-well beasties, and that the lands are well-stocked with game. And that's assuming that a hex, curse, or some other fell majick hasn't been placed upon the castle and its surrounds.

I suppose I could make this productive. Being the Pacific Northwest, I'm sure that I could grow some quality hops and grains. Mayhap I could entice a local order of friars or monks to build a monastery and then brew various ales.

Failing that, this is a no from me, Sir Dawg.

Ryujin

Legend
I have a group buy in mind, but I'd need to darken the place up a bit. Letting the grounds overgrow some would be a plus. The cove..., um group would likely prefer it that way.

Remove ads