• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any news of a true 4th ED. modern?

darjr

I crit!
Well there is always that low boil of a rumor of a Marvel 4e D&D game from WotC......

Last edited:

Dice4Hire

First Post
Someone, I wish _I remembered who, posted up a pdf version of some rather good modern rules a couple of months ago. I read it and it seemed like good work.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
It seems obvious to me looking at gamma world that someone in the marketing department won't let them produce any rpg that doesn't say D&D on the cover.

And anything that can't be played like M:tG sealed packed tournaments is unlikely to live.

Anselyn

Explorer
Yes. Haven't you heard! Mike Mearl's Legends and Laws column is showing how the state-of-the-art game is going to be produced.

It's too early for D&D /5e but D&D Modern will be released for the 40th birthday of D&D. Cleverly, Modern will apply to the game design as much as the setting which is a nerdtrope that is actually the bigger secret.

Gamma World provides a solid core system. You'd just need to strip out the mutations and create some classes. Hell, for the LOST game I'm running, I basically made a 4e Modern ruleset that fit on 4 pages.

VictorC

Explorer
Someone, I wish _I remembered who, posted up a pdf version of some rather good modern rules a couple of months ago. I read it and it seemed like good work.

I believe what you're talking about was made from a friend of mine, but I can't find where he put it on line.

PM me and I'll send you everything I have.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Gamma World provides a solid core system. You'd just need to strip out the mutations and create some classes. Hell, for the LOST game I'm running, I basically made a 4e Modern ruleset that fit on 4 pages.
Links or it didn't happen. :)

But seriously, you've always produced top notch stuff for non-traditional D&D settings (Renaissance and up); let's see what you have!

Valetudo

Adventurer
Not bad,but when you get into other scenarios(like space combat pitting orc cyborgs against elves traveling space on a magic island you will need a few more options).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads