• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E An open letter to Paizo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thurbane

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Minors with credit cards?

The people buying from Paizo are adults. If there are adults who simply hand their credit cards to their children and turn them loose on the Internet, that's a much bigger issue than a stupid doll.

When ClubPenguin or Disney's ToonTown start to feature stoner characters, the OP has a point. Paizo sells products to people with credit cards.

And this thread belongs at their site, not here.
Well said.

s.j. bagley

First Post
since this product is also sold through diamond distribution, is it safe to assume that the original poster refuses to buy anything from any comic shop or local gaming store?
or amazon.com?
and since they refuse to purchase anything from any seller that sells items condoning drug use, i'm assuming they refuse to shop at borders, barnes & noble, and pretty much any other bookstore.
mind you, i think the doll is almost preternaturally stupid and i can't see a reason for paizo to carry it (outside of simply being a product from toy vault) and i honestly can't imagine a universe where a reasonably intelligent person could look at it and think 'gee, that looks AWESOME! must get it!'

Thurbane

First Post
---sorry, my posts weren't particularly mature or constructive, just chalk it up to having a bad day and going off half-cocked in defense of freedom of speech---

Holy Bovine

First Post
EricNoah said:
Well, I have an idea. Let's just assume there won't be a moderator around for a while. And let's then pick up the level of discussion so that we are not making personal attacks, jumping to conclusions, making false analogies, etc. Let's show the mods that we can take care of ourselves for a few days.

What?! Police ourselves?! I demand to be moderated and right now! ;)

Anyway it is a pretty stupid product and Paizo being the company they are they will most likely take people's concern to heart. it wouldn't surprise me if they did remove it from their catalog - it doesn't seem to fit in with their core audience.

I'm not up in arms about like the OP but I can certainly understand where he is coming from.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Holy Bovine said:
What?! Police ourselves?! I demand to be moderated and right now! ;)
OK!

I think all has been said that needs to be said. Thanks to Mike for popping in with an explanation.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads