• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E An open letter to Paizo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebeetle

Explorer
Baked baked plush doll

I am VERY upset to see your "Baked Baked Plush" doll. My wife and I are both teachers of high risk students and my daughter works in drug rehabilitation and we have a FIRM, IRON-CLAD POLICY against spending money on any merchant who supports a drug lifestyle. The doll whose "activities include baking batches of special brownies, ripping crispy bingers and burning bowls followed by the consumption of large quantities of chips, cookies, candy bars, ice cream, pizza, pretty much anything edible and some things that aren't" certainly qualifies.

Anything that sends the message "you can celebrate your drug use with this purchase" is not acceptable to me. I estimate I have spent over $200 on Paizo products in the last year and was considering subscribing to your "Pathfinder" periodical. That is out of the question if you choose to market and sell this doll. Marijuana use is a "starter" for almost every other drug out there. Between students and clients my family has seen one tragic death, at least two murders, multiple life-changing injuries, multiple jail sentences (including two life sentences) and more than a few drop-outs related to drug use. We take this matter seriously and will not "get over it" or "lighten up" about "just pot."

I really hope I can spend money on Paizo products again. Send this doll back to the manufacturer now.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
I hate to sound like I'm jumping on a bandwagon here...but I am.

I second everything the above poster has stated. I have not ever knowingly, nor will I ever, support a company that promotes drug use.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Well, I was going to suggest you lighten up, but quite frankly you convinced me:

we have a FIRM, IRON-CLAD POLICY against spending money on any merchant who supports a drug lifestyle

I have to respect that. I hope you get the response you're hoping for-- this really is an odd decision from Paizo.

Zebediah Magus

First Post
Where should I sign?

The airhead who developed that doll might find it funny, but it's depressing that a company like Paizo would sell that kind of product. Not only it is plain trash, it is offensive.

catsclaw227

First Post
I love Paizo, buy lots of stuff from them, and I am a subscriber to Pathfinder and Gamemastery modules.

This is troublesome to me as well.

Paizo, please remove this plush from your catalog. In the future, I hope you review new products like this so that they don't paint your great company in a poor light.

Xyxox

Hero
I haven't purchased from Paizo in the past, but maybe I should now. I dunno. I don't have problems with jokes about drug use, so I guess somebody has to make up for lost sales to people who do have that problem.

Korgoth

First Post
I agree with the sentiments of the OP, although I should disclose that I'm already not a customer of Paizo because I don't buy 3E products anymore.

Jedi_Solo

First Post
As of this point I'm just trying to figure out where that item fits in Paizo's line up. It doesn't follow up with gamers or geek culture; and it doesn't fit in with their other Fanatasy or Science Fiction items. It seems a very odd choice and of character for them.

I'd expect that item to show up at those stores at the mall I have no interest. Not from Paizo.

catsclaw227

First Post
Xyxox said:
I haven't purchased from Paizo in the past, but maybe I should now. I dunno. I don't have problems with jokes about drug use, so I guess somebody has to make up for lost sales to people who do have that problem.
This isn't so much a joke about drug use as it is a doll that belongs in a head shop, not the online store where my friend's 13yr old looks around for cool stuff for his birthday.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Can I ask why you didn't post this at Paizo, since that link is, in fact, a message board page in addition to being the item page?

And there's nothing illegal about selling a doll to adults. And to say this doll glamorizes drugs is to require that someone reads the ad copy. It's a very silly little doll not worth all this furor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads