• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AI is stealing writers’ words and jobs…

Scribe

Legend
If fake content generation explodes in the future, then most of the Internet will be untrustworthy and the normal reaction to hearing someone say "I saw on the Internet..." the same as "I saw on The Onion...", not giving any credence to the news.

We are already there, heck this was a discussion point within my Comp Sci program. We have been at the point where information cannot be trusted for decades, and its only gotten worse.

We are at the stage now, where facts are no longer relevant for a massive portion of the (terminally online anyway) population. People already either outright deny, or accept, what they want to.

AI will not make this better.

It will because of wide adoption on one part, as AI has the potential to create great societal transformations, and education on the other part. Reacting correctly to fake news is nowadays taught in the junior high curriculum. Sure, it will take some time (like Nessie) but I have trust in the end result.

It also has a great potential for destruction in the hands of less talented bad actors. I can appreciate your optimism in that I think AI could do a lot of good, but there's just too much potential for bad in combining it with old school deception and other types of programming (ie what bad actors are using right now to hack and steal).

Sacrosanct

Legend
NY Times shows how AI directly replicates copyrighted images

Just one of many examples:

1706638906694.png

Sacrosanct

Legend
Let's tell this thing to do something very specific and then act surprise when it does that.
Surprised Meme GIF
You're missing the point. This addresses how AI is literally copying existing art (which someone said in this thread it didn't do). Also, you didn't read the article, because look at some of the images with the prompt "Create Italian video game character". That's a very vague prompt. The result? Pretty obvious.

There seems to be a lot of defending AI here when the facts seem pretty clear.

You're missing the point. This addresses how AI is literally copying existing art (which someone said in this thread it didn't do). Also, you didn't read the article, because look at some of the images with the prompt "Create Italian video game character". That's a very vague prompt. The result? Pretty obvious.

There seems to be a lot of defending AI here when the facts seem pretty clear.
Midjourney, not AI in general. I don't have credits to do it with DALL-E 2
I got this using the prompt "Videogame hedgehog" on Juggernaut XL v6
ngsuFLSJXToDpx8o7R4e--1--ota4m.jpg

SDXL 1.0 prompt was Create Italian video game character

AeC93ygjZNSV781BuCHJ--1--htpnb.jpg

Prompt Screenshot from popular movie used Juggernaut XL v6

IhPgJI3NWpid7DnDgZ5c--1--3mftj.jpg

The Joker done with SDXL 1.0
XWr06sEY05Nhl3XRcgqG--1--mumtp.jpg

Prompt: popular movie screencap SDXL 1.0
2wfNHXzrMw8IUYKARBVv--1--byidq.jpg

Animated toys SDXL 1.0

xDFqPKgdo0uM96WBvcnz--1--u2uvh.jpg

Joaquin Phoenix from “The Joker.” also done using SDXL 1.0
vvZCczduqIrJqkf0v6RN--1--rh0gc.jpg

Video game hedgehog also using SDXL 1.0
H3Kt6hpedNSbcBC3VHTL--1--3m5u9.jpg

Screenshot from popular movie also using SDXL 1.0
eyn4uRYCqmNroZuibDgi--1--sew9m.jpg

so i did the full prompt was: “Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie, 2019, screenshot from a movie, movie scene" and got this, it looks like it attempted to blend The Dark Knight's joker with the Joker movie

My9kXERm0Nhvu1s4HJks--1--ujm5s.jpg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads