• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

After years away-

Harmon

First Post
After years after I was injured and had to stop, I am now back into Yoga. I started practicing in the middle of '99 then got hurt and could no longer practice. Everyone once in a while I would try, but my arm just would not let me.

Tuesday last I went to the local community college and did fairly well. Tonight I am going again. I hope my arm holds up, and I hope I can get back into the shape I once was in.

Is there anyone out there on EN that practices Yoga, or similar activities- say, Tia Chi or anything like that?

Tewligan

First Post
Heh - my girlfriend and I have just started going back to the gym a lot because she decided that we're both too fat. We went to yoga on Tuesday for the first time in a looong time, and it turns out I HAVE gotten too fat - holy crap, was I sore and sweaty! We're going back again tonight - in about 2 hours, in fact. I'm already aching in anticipation.

Harmon

First Post
Tewligan said:
Heh - my girlfriend and I have just started going back to the gym a lot because she decided that we're both too fat. We went to yoga on Tuesday for the first time in a looong time, and it turns out I HAVE gotten too fat - holy crap, was I sore and sweaty! We're going back again tonight - in about 2 hours, in fact. I'm already aching in anticipation.

In '96 I had wash board arms, and was about as physically fit as I could get without going to the gym (though after work I was running, much as I hate that), I was 205 lbs of muscle (from packing lumber up and down stairs and roping sheets of plywood up two stories). In '98 I had lost much of that strength, by '99 I was looking for something to help me get back into that good shape as I was about 215 lbs :\ .

When I got hurt I was stress eating, unable to work out, and gained another twenty odd pounds. I can not do any of the acrobatics I could do up until '99 because I can't bend like that anymore. With Yoga I feel like I might one day get my tone, and such back. Kinda gives me hope.

Thanks, stick to it, it will help you be unfat (where I hope to be one day).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads