• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

"If we are to stop the assassin we must move with haste. We can talk on our way, though silence may be our ally once we get close to the assassin. Follow me." Reaching the hill once more, Shandra looks for any clues as to the direction and path the assassin was taking to get to Porpherio.

OOC: Passive Perception 25, but let me know if you need a Perception roll

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
"Ah, yes, I do remember her showing up, and she fought well. It's good to know where she came from and why she is here." Sabynha responded quietly to Zuri, "Thank you for filling me in."

Turning to Rain, she continued, "I believe you are right. Fey politics are... complicated, and we should try not to get caught up in it."

jbear

First Post
Shandra finds no sign of any assassin or even Porpherio's passing. The group arrive at the top of the hill where the dryad sits. She offers a sad smile and gets to her feet. "Please, accept my heartfelt condolences for your loss. But the cosmos has guided a new ally to walk in his stead beside you into the dangers that await. I believe you need one of these." She holds up a mistletoe leaf. "I am Rosaline" she adds softly offering the leaf.

When Rain reaches for the leaf to add to the collection the drad's fingers brush her own. The tiefling shudders as one struck and takes a step back with a dazed look upon her face. The dryad nods.

"You search for Orlando who is Porpherio. He chased me through the woods yesterday, a provocation on my part that was no frivolity. I sought to protect him from Soryth and foresaw that others would soon follow him. Heroes. You, I now see. My condition is delicate and I feared I could not protect him for long. Early this morning, I took him to Oakstaff, a treant who is my friend and shall be yours if you do rightly. You will find him on the other side of the hill down in the grove of ancient trees."

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
"Then, begging your pardon, we should not delay any longer; each moment that passes, the assassin surely closes in on his prey." Sabynha was concerned that her failure would cost them dearly and meant to make up for it, but in truth, the sooner they could find Orlando/Propherio, the sooner she could find a moment to lie down. She did not let it show, but her recent ordeal had surely drained her.

Sabynha was part way turned to leave in the indicated direction when she stopped suddenly, "Wait... is there anything we ought to know about this Oakstaff before we meet?"

The vistani has been surprised one too many times this day, and bore the hurt of it.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
"Yes. Do not anger him. Go now, I am sure you will be fine. And do not fear for me. My delicate state is a happy one. Farewell and good luck." She stands and watches you depart, making no attempt to hold you back any longer given the urgency of your task, hand resting lovingly on the slight swell of her belly.

jbear

First Post
Down the other side of Rosaline's hill, in a shadowy part of the forest, is a grove of old trees, each vaguely humanoid in shape. As you draw near, a wizened face becomes apparent on the trunk of the tallest and stoutest of them. Two small cavities form its eyes, a knobby branch its nose, and moss a green beard around its mouth. The whole tree twists in your direction as you approach.

"Who comes, so grim faced and bold, to see old Oakstaff? Is it the ones Rosaline spoke of?" he says. Then he takes a step in your direction.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads