• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Adopting 2024's 5e - What's the First Adventure You Want to Play?

Just curious, for all the DMs and players out there adopting the new system, what is the first adventure you want to run or play? It could be a retrofit since it is supposed to be backwards compatible. It could be homebrew. It could be something you hope they publish. It could be something you plan on converting from an older edition.

I'll start. While cliche, I really want to see how the new stuff handles Vecna. I think, as a player, that sounds like a fun campaign.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Just curious, for all the DMs and players out there adopting the new system, what is the first adventure you want to run or play? It could be a retrofit since it is supposed to be backwards compatible. It could be homebrew. It could be something you hope they publish. It could be something you plan on converting from an older edition.

I'll start. While cliche, I really want to see how the new stuff handles Vecna. I think, as a player, that sounds like a fun campaign.

You gonna get the new Vecna book? It's already out at FLGSs!

I'm probably going to run it when the new core books arrive. We have a campaign to finish first - I hope we'll get it done in time. I mean, obviously it can wait for us, but I don't want to wait too long after the new books are out to start using them!

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
My Phandbox. So, a mashup of LMoP and Dragon of Icespire Peak. Might continue on to the Shattered Obelisk and/or the Icespire Peak sequels, but not sure about that, as they would definitely require more work to fix in my opinion. I might instead try taking Matt Coleville’s advice and just doing short, disconnected adventures for as long as it holds my players’ interests.

You gonna get the new Vecna book? It's already out at FLGSs!
I am absolutely going to pick it up. We are starting a new campaign and before I grab it, I want to make sure our DM isn't going to use part of it. If he is, I will wait, because once I get it, I am going to read it. :) (Side Note: Our DM does not want to convert to the new rules. He would like to wait until there is more material for it.) If I get, I may start a separate group just to run it. I really, really want to run something that just uses the core three books and an adventure path.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Not sure, I am going to run Vecna with existing characters so that will depend on the players. If any want to upgrade to the new system I would be open to that.
I would like to run Lost Mines of Phandelver. I never got to complete it. I started during the original playtest but never got back to it.

Last edited:

Hussar

Legend
Huh. While I have every intention of getting the new books, I hadn't actually given much thought to what to run with it. :D

My current Phandelver/Shattered Obelisk campaign is probably going to be wrapped up just about the time the PHB comes out, so, hrmmm. I might do some easy one shots for a bit to see what the first big campaign in a box book is.

Although, to be honest, I've always wanted to run Out of the Abyss. I might just pick it up and take it for a spin.

Huh. While I have every intention of getting the new books, I hadn't actually given much thought to what to run with it. :D

My current Phandelver/Shattered Obelisk campaign is probably going to be wrapped up just about the time the PHB comes out, so, hrmmm. I might do some easy one shots for a bit to see what the first big campaign in a box book is.

Although, to be honest, I've always wanted to run Out of the Abyss. I might just pick it up and take it for a spin.
Abyss has always interested me as a player. Not as a DM, but as a player, it seems cool.

Remove ads