• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unearthed Arcana Actually Talking About the DM's Guild Producs Mentioned In March's Unearthed Arcana

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I'd be more interested so see WotC buying these supplement and putting them for free in Dragon+. Or give the writers royalties each time Dragon+ is downloaded.

This would give Dragon+ more substance and, as someone who is relunctant to buying random supplements, it would introduce me to authors/brands that I might want to buy from in the future.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
The topic might get more traction in the homebrew forum. That is where I'd be if I wanted to discuss homebrew.
Yep, that's what I thought. Even with WotC's blessing, DMsGuild material is still going to be relegated to the "homebrew" category and won't make inroads into the wider community discussion. Discussing your favorite homebrew class is like talking about your character; no one really wants to hear about it.

ChrisCarlson

First Post
Like I said in the other thread, I'm looking forward to figuring out how I want to incorporate Blood Magic into my upcoming Primeval Thule campaign. It has a lot of potential to make the magic I want to convey feel more visceral and dangerous.

Mephista

Adventurer
Honestly, I'm down for more blood magic. I loved the entire thing. The cover with the blood monster, the sorcerer origin. I'm actually a huge fan, and I generally don't bother with things like this. 3rd party stuff is generally a let down.

Shroomy

Adventurer
I bought "Battle for the Undercity" based on the author's reputation. I haven't run it, but it looks good from my read through.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
The topic might get more traction in the homebrew forum. That is where I'd be if I wanted to discuss homebrew.
Here's the thing - if Mearls thought these were worth talking about, they're influencing D&D design going forward, too.

Forex, will WotC consider using Hit Dice for other mechanics? What might be a way they are used? What might be a good way to use them, what might be the problems with how Blood Magic uses them?

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I have yet to actually look into the meat of the document, but it was one of the first things that I purchased from the site. I will probably use it from my home campaign, to give it a feel of magic being powerful yet costly, and see if my players are fine with using just the Blood Magic options if they want a spell caster.

I think it should go over well. I will give further detail of thoughts once I am able to fully read the document.

Remove ads