• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unearthed Arcana 4E: RACIAL LEVELS..how similar are they to Unearthed Arcana?

Emirikol

Adventurer
RACIAL LEVELS: how similar are they to Unearthed Arcana's racial paragons?
Are they 10 levels or just 3 like in UA? ..or is it just like bloodlines.

What's everyone's feelings on this?

E.g....
Tiefling Paragon
Level..attk..Fort..Ref..Will..Special
1st.....0.....+2....+2...+2...Improved resistance
2nd....+1...+3.....+3...+3...Darkness, skill bonus
3rd....+2...+3.....+3....+3..Ability boost (dex +2)

Celestial bloodline traits
Level..Minor
4th....+2 on sense motive
8th....Alertness
12th..Wisdom +2
16th..Protection from spam 1/day (sp)
20th..Celestial affinity +2 (1)

jh

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
I think that the plan is rather something parallel to class levels, NOT something that stacks with them.

So perhaps similar to a bloodline, except that you don't "spend levels" like in UA.

Aloïsius

First Post
Li Shenron said:
I think that the plan is rather something parallel to class levels, NOT something that stacks with them.

So perhaps similar to a bloodline, except that you don't "spend levels" like in UA.

Or just like the gith "at 4th level, gains this ability". Or the fact they there will be level dependant feat and talent (example : drow noble at level 4)

Howndawg

Explorer
Li Shenron said:

I get that too. Or perhaps race specific feats and talent trees. Or maybe both.

Howndawg

JustKim

First Post
The article on races says that the idea was dropped in favor of racial feats and racial substitution level-type options.
wizards.com said:
In the final version of 4th Edition, most of your racial traits come into play right out of the gate at 1st level—dwarven resilience, elven evasion, a half-elf’s inspiring presence, and so on. As you go up levels, you can take racial feats to make those abilities even more exciting and gain new capabilities tied to your race. You can also take race-specific powers built into your class, which accomplish a lot of what racial substitution levels used to do: a dwarf fighter with the friend of earth power can do something that other 10th-level fighters just can’t do.

Greg K

Legend
Originally Posted by wizards.com said:
You can also take race-specific powers built into your class, which accomplish a lot of what racial substitution levels used to do: a dwarf fighter with the friend of earth power can do something that other 10th-level fighters just can’t do

If by some remote chance, I purchase 4e, I see the first ban hammer I am placing coming down.

Remove ads