• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 half-celestial at level 1?

Kershek

Sci-Fi Newshound
Are there existing WotC 3.5 rules to play a half-celestial at level 1, similar to the 3.0 Savage Species method? Or any other LA creature? A new game we're starting up is 3.5 only and does not include any 3.0 books.

glass

(he, him)
There is also the alternate rule for playing high LA characters at low levels. It allows first level characters to keep there abilities, but gives a penalty to just about everything equal to their LA, which reduces by one each 'level' until they get back to where they should be.

EDIT: It's from one of the FR books, but I'm afraid I can't remember which one.

glass.

Mark Causey

Explorer
glass said:
There is also the alternate rule for playing high LA characters at low levels. It allows first level characters to keep there abilities, but gives a penalty to just about everything equal to their LA, which reduces by one each 'level' until they get back to where they should be.

EDIT: It's from one of the FR books, but I'm afraid I can't remember which one.

glass.

Player's Guide to Faerun pp. 190-191.

glass

(he, him)
adamantineangel said:
Player's Guide to Faerun pp. 190-191.

Thanks. I knew I had id, and had used it, but all I could remember about where it was was that I could never find it then either! :\

glass.

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Kershek said:
Are there existing WotC 3.5 rules to play a half-celestial at level 1, similar to the 3.0 Savage Species method? Or any other LA creature? A new game we're starting up is 3.5 only and does not include any 3.0 books.

Check the Wizards archives for the Savage Species articles. Use the Races of Faerun LA +0 Aasimar. Become a normal Aasimar at ECL 2, then take the Aasimar-Half Celestial transformation class for ECL 3-5.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Why settle for half? :)

Savage Species had a nifty 20 level progression for Astral Deva that you could probably update to 3.5e pretty easily.

-- N

Remove ads