• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E $165 Priced Hardcover D&D 2022 Book(s?) Leaked on Amazon

I'd be amazed if it is a new release that is only available in a $165 format, because that would prevent most of their audience from buying it. So likely it's some "collector's premium bundle." I doubt they'd want to hire writers, designers, playtesters, artists, etc., to create a niche product.
If the price is indeed correct, it's likely either reprints/revisions of current books, or a set of new books that will also be (perhaps not immediately) available for separate purchase (perhaps a Planescape/Spelljammer set of two or more books - still separated, but they are thematically similar)

The only exception I could see would be a premium Forgotten Realms set, where if you want to forgo the premium pricing and go cheap and basic, SCAG is available...

I would be totally okay with it being the core 3 reprint with some of the DND Beyond enhancement (like monsters PB scores as mentioned above) and for the PHB core races redone as Lineages.

Because I can still use the original PHB core races while having the redone PHB Lineages to layer over said original PHB core races, Tasha's Custom Race, or any other 5E 3pp race options.

Unless the impossible happens and its a three book setting set composed of Planescape, Dragonlance, and the revisited Forgotten Realms book with Hydro47 covers.
Dear lord, if it's the latter (or perhaps with Greyhawk mixed in instead of Dragonlance, although either would be great), I would be leaping for joy...

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
It could actually be pretty neat to get a Campaign Setting, Adventure, and Player Options for a given world as a boxed set. What world would warrant that, given that we already have a laundry list of Forgotten Realms adventures? Dark Sun? Planescape?
Leaning hard at Planescape with Monte Cooks' new "Planebreaker" setting being released. Though I'd be delighted to see Dark Sun.

Weiley31

Legend
Well, the original 5E Gift collector's set of the Core 3 books was, IIRC, $165 dollars or more. So if this new set is the same price as previous set, then I'll actually be shocked if it is anything else OTHER than a new version of said set.

...and then the final book being an Adventure book in Planescape (maybe with the Great Modron March, or some giant extraplanar event).
Now that you say it, I agree that the split would probably be Campaign Setting / Big Adventure / Bestiary. I'd totally lose my mind if they really did 'The Great Modron March' as a boxed set like that.

...for that matter, as others have pointed out, Winninger did say they were going to revisit old settings in new formats...

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
ooooooh, in the same vein as planescape, a 3 books set similar to the Planes Above, the Planes Below and Heroes of the Elemental Chaos from 4e?

Or a 3 books Encyclopedia of the Planes with a Tome of the Feywild, Tome of the Shadowfell and Tome of the Elemental Chaos.

Or Players Guides to Ansalon, Taladas and Loremaster Guide to Dragonlance (DMG)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
If you go to the UK version of the page it's a little different. Same ISBN, no price, and it's a 145 page hardcover.

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 10.29.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 10.28.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 10.29.21 PM.png

Now that you say it, I agree that the split would probably be Campaign Setting / Big Adventure / Bestiary. I'd totally lose my mind if they really did 'The Great Modron March' as a boxed set like that.

...for that matter, as others have pointed out, Winninger did say they were going to revisit old settings in new formats...
That actually would be pretty cool too. And the Great Modron March has been continually teased throughout 5e products.

Honestly, Planescape and the planes themselves are definitely big enough for this sort of treatment.

Remove ads