• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Distant Relations

Qik

First Post
OOC: I'd appreciate an update on Halfling D - if Anna's magic missle downed him, than Quioan is safe to take a five foot step and shoot without provoking.

jkason

First Post
The halfling grits his teeth and growls as the magical pulses tear through him. The blood in his mouth is joined by blood dripping down his nose, as well. His breathing is heavy and labored, his eyes bloodshot, but he holds his ground.

"Oh, then you want to be next, is that right?" he growls to Anna. "When I get to you, I'll cut out that troublesome tongue like someone should have done long ago!"

GM: Close, but no cigar. He's still a viable threat.

[sblock=status]Halfling B: Blinded and Stunned 1/2 remaining, + blinded 1/1 remaining.
Halfling C: 11 damage
Halfling D: 15 damage

HP:

Drev: 22/29
Quioan: 19/24
Yoshiki: 15/22[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Quioan senses Anna backing up, and he moves to fill the empty space as her magical missiles fly by his right ear, missing him by closer than he'd care to ponder. Throwing caution to the wind, he lets two more arrows fly....

OOC: 5' step to J4, firing at halfling D, then C if I happen to down the first one (unlikely). Quioan provokes an AoO from D.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
The halfling slices as Quioan draws his bowstring, but catches nothing but air. Sadly, neither does Quioan, though one of his arrows clatters to the deck where he might retrieve it if they can defeat the pirates.

[sblock=actions]Halfling D AoO:

Power Attack AoO vs. Quioan; damage (1d20+5=8, 1d6+4=10)

Miss

Quioan's attacks also miss. Ammunition loss chance (50%):

Ammunition lost? (50%) (1d100=12, 1d100=69)

One of the two arrows is recoverable.

Halfling B: Blinded and Stunned 1/2 remaining, + blinded 1/1 remaining.
Halfling C: 11 damage
Halfling D: 15 damage

PCs:

Drev: 22/29
Yoshiki: 15/22[/sblock]

GM: Elenka, Drev, and Yoshiki yet to go this round.

Attachments

• Halfling Encounter3a.jpg
    Halfling Encounter3a.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 78

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 3)

Round 3

OOC: Sorry, missed that he wasn't down. Staying put was fine.

As the little man ducks away, Yoshiki follows with a leaping frontal kick to the head landing low and following up with the balled palm of his fist coming straight out in his chest, hoping this time to finish him off. While the kick cleanly clocks him, he fails to make contact with his arm thrust. (Hopefully because he is falling down)

OOC: Shoot, just realized I was looking at the wrong map, my flanking partner moved. I guess just drop the +2 from the below rolls.

[sblock=Actions]
Free Action: 5-foot step to I-2.
Full Round Action: Flurry of Blows (with Flanking) +7 (+1 BAB, +4 Dex, +2 Flank)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 17 Touch 17 Flatfooted 12
HP: 15/22
CMB: +7 CMD: 19 Fort: +3 Reflex: +7 Will: +5 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows
Speed: 40 ft

Conditions in Effect: None
Elemental Fist: 2/3 remaining
Ki Pool: 0/0 remaining
[/sblock]

Last edited:

deisenhut

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I am flying from Wisconsin to India tomorrow, so I won't be online for a couple of days. Then I don't know what my Internet availability will be over the next week. I should have access from the hotel, but don't know how much time I'll be spending there. I then fly back the following weekend. So my posting may be sporadic from now through the following weekend.

Please NPC my character as needed to keep the game from slowing down waiting for me. I was trying to look for spots to make impressive leaps through the air and running across walls (or masts) as I do so (acrobatics check +10), striking foes with my elemental fist ability with flanking as I land. When not using my flurry of blows (which is when I leap somewhere), enabling my combat expertise to gain +1 AC for -2 to attack.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
The battle swirls around so fast that Elenka hardly knows what to do. However, having fought with Yoshiki before she knows that she can take advantage of his high-flying attacks as distraction from her own. She steps to be in better position across from the monk hoping that she doesn't foil Quioan's shot as she does so. Once in place she attacks the halfling with her terbutje.

"Drev! How do you fare?"

Across from Elenka Drevezh'korol swings his heavy fist at the uninjured halfling.

"This one thinks to turn me into a wooden spoon!"

[sblock=Actions]Elenka
Free five foot step to I4
Standard attack halfling D (flanking) 1d20+6=18, 1d8+1=8

Drevezh'korol
Standard attack halfling A 1d20+8=24, 1d8+6=8[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Elenka[/size] Human Summoner 3
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5

AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 23 Current: 15
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +1 Ref: +3 Will: +5

In Hand:
Spells:
1st level: 4/4 remaining.
Special: Summon Monster 2 6/6

[size=+1]Drevezh'Korol[/size] Eidolon
Initiative: +1 Perception: +0; Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 15 (11 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 29 Current: 22
CMB: +7 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +3

In Hand:
Conditions:[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Round 4

Yoskiki's first blow is all the more the foul halfling pirate can take, and he crumples to the deck with only a weak groan.

Elenka slips forward thinking to teach her assaulter a lesson, but as the monk drops him, she turns her attention to the pirate still sprouting an arrow from its belly. Steel flashes, and the blade sinks home in the pirate's chest. He, too, falls, a look of shock on his face.

The pirate still fighting off the effects of Anna's spell begins to groan, but has yet to fully regain his senses.

"Spoon? I'm going to chop you down and make toothpicks out of you for what your friends have done!" screams the remaining armed combatant. He swings with the power of fury and desperation, and nearly makes good his threat with that single swing. His blade chops deep into the wooden eidolon's side, and the pirate laughs maniacally as he pulls the blade free, covered in the eidolon's dark sap.

[sblock=actions] Yoshiki drops Halfling D with is first hit.

Since Elenka can hit and drop C even without a flanking bonus with that roll, I'm going to assume you don't mind my changing the target by DM Fiat. :)

Halflings go:

Halfling B, final round of stunned condition, no actions.

Stabilize check, D

Stabilize check. (1d20-4=4)

Fails, loses another HP at end of round

Stabilize check, C

Stabilize check. (1d20-3=11)

Success. Stable and unconscious.

Halfling A attack Drev:

Attack Drev; Damage (1d20+6=26, 1d6+2=7)

Hit, critical threat.

crit confirm (1d20+6=20)

Crit confirm.

crit damage (1d6+2=6)

13 total damage.

Halflings:

Halfling A: 8 damage
Halfling B: Blinded and Stunned (last round), + blinded 1/1 remaining.
Halfling C: -3 HP (Stable, Unconscious)
Halfling D: -5 HP (Dying)

PCs:

Drev: 9/29
Yoshiki: 15/22
Elenka: 15/23[/sblock]

GM: PCs up.

Attachments

• Halfling Encounter4.jpg
    Halfling Encounter4.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 59