• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Things you DID like about the Fellowship of the Ring.

graydoom

First Post
The Balrog
The Ringwraiths
The Ringwraith chase scene
The Lidless Eye

Those are just the highlights... I liked the whole dang thing!

Lendyl

First Post
Things I liked...

that the movie exceeded my high expectations

that the movie did not exactly follow the books, in order to pander to the zealots, thus creating an unwatchable movie. movies and books are different, what works in one will not work in the other.

soundtrack

sam

other stuff too

A2Z

Explorer
Oh my god! I completly forgot to include the Balrog in my list above. :( Silly me.

You know it's a good movie when the things you liked far outweigh the things you didn't. :)

~doesn't know where to begin~

Ummm...the characters, the setting, the story, the special effects, the makeup, the costumes, etc, etc, etc...

~isn't very helpful~

Dundragon

First Post
The Music!

I thought the soundtrack sounded truly epic, and that Howard Shore did a really good job creating a middle-earth feel with his works.

d12

First Post
The shire was perfect - perfect.

Gandalf's power was hinted at but never fully revealed until the scene with the Balor. When that 10 foot long sword came down on Gandalf's head and that "sheild" thingy appeared to stop it - WOW!

The cave troll made me scream like a little kid - even the second time I saw the movie, when I knew what was about to happen.

The way Bree was set up as an obviously multi-cultural town :)

King_Stannis

Explorer
as a quick aside, someone mentioned that you can actually see gollum on the eyelid of the bearded statue, watching the fellowship row by underneath. apparently you can only see it if you are looking for it.

now i guess i'll HAVE to see it again! :)

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Yes that was Narsil that Isildur's statue was holding. I'll look for Gollum in that scene the next time I view the film.

Loved the War scenes of the Last Alliance though Elrond should have worn a helm but I guess you need to see the actor's face.

One of the greatest things I like about the film was the scenery, that first look at the 'Misty Mountains' I thought was great, I thought I actually saw how the mountain chain curved just like on the maps in the book. Very impressive.:) But the scenery thoughout the movie was great!

Moria was nicely done.

I liked Orthanc and the prepit Isengard. Looking forward to the Ents getting their revenge for that. Hehe

Oh there is just soo much more it would take me all day and this post would be way too long.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads