• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
"Cloaca" is one that always throws me a bit when I hear it in casual conversation. Although to be honest, I'm not sure if that's because of the pronunciation of "cloaca," or just the fact that it came up in casual conversation.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
So I can get really great mexican food at any one of the large number of authentic and excellent mexican food restaurants in my area (I may be close to the Oregon border, but Cali is still gonna Cali).

What I cannot get from any one of those, however, is a mexican pizza, and there are days when a mexican pizza is all that will do. On days like this, I am grateful for Taco Bell

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
So I can get really great mexican food at any one of the large number of authentic and excellent mexican food restaurants in my area (I may be close to the Oregon border, but Cali is still gonna Cali).
Wait until Southern California's climate becomes really terrible in the next few years. You'll have more Mexican (and Thai) food than you can imagine.

Blah, misunderstood you as being in Oregon.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Not long after the owner, who I had known for several decades, posted a rant about how if you don't support local businesses and buy online, soon local businesses will disappear. By then I had already told him of my experience in his store.
If that's a store owner's sales pitch, I would not be surprised to learn they are have trouble staying in business.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
When I was doing tech writing I often felt that way, trying to convey what the engineers or coders were saying to most people.
I have some experience in that area as well. It has made me very snooty about how poor most tech manuals and instructions are.

I feel tech writing (I'm thinking more about software manuals and tutorials as I write this) has gotten worse as more companies increasingly rely on frequently updated, online manuals. On the plus side, videos help a lot. But where you are looking for a quick answer, it can be frustrating when the answer to your question is hidden away in along video.

Remove ads